Sites App Listings

DaveCyn replied on 20/07/2021 20:49

Posted on 20/07/2021 20:49

Is it me or is the Sites App being overlooked by the club particularly in respect of CL's?

Just been looking for a CL near Crediton in Devon. Sites App gives 1 site, the website gives 4!

Makes me wonder how many more sites are being overlooked by the failure to list them on both platforms.

nelliethehooker replied on 20/07/2021 20:57

Posted on 20/07/2021 20:57

DC, the CL site all is a privately run enterprise and although it does lists some sites it is only those that have paid to be included in it. It is not run by the club!!

DaveCyn replied on 20/07/2021 21:16

Posted on 20/07/2021 20:57 by nelliethehooker

DC, the CL site all is a privately run enterprise and although it does lists some sites it is only those that have paid to be included in it. It is not run by the club!!

Posted on 20/07/2021 21:16

Couldn't agree more but I'm referring to the Clubs own Sites App

nelliethehooker replied on 20/07/2021 21:30

Posted on 20/07/2021 21:30

Sorry for the misunderstanding, DC. I don't bother with the club's site app, preferring to use the full website when searching for CLs, as it at least is nearly always up to date.

brue replied on 21/07/2021 09:54

Posted on 21/07/2021 09:54

Maybe this is why some CL owners are banding together with their own App?

If some aren't on either app the situation is poor. I don't have the sites app but have downloaded the private one. And I also use the book and web site.

peedee replied on 18/10/2021 15:01

Posted on 20/07/2021 20:49 by DaveCyn

Is it me or is the Sites App being overlooked by the club particularly in respect of CL's?

Just been looking for a CL near Crediton in Devon. Sites App gives 1 site, the website gives 4!

Makes me wonder how many more sites are being overlooked by the failure to list them on both platforms.

Posted on 18/10/2021 15:01

I am having exactly the same problem. I was trying to add East Cawledge Farm to my favourites and discovered it is not listed in the App. A quick search of Alnwick shows only three sites listed in the aPP yet the web site shows 7 ??? Come on Club, how can you expect members to use it when it lacks so much credibility.

Get it sorted

peedee

CholseyGrange replied on 23/10/2021 16:38

Posted on 23/10/2021 16:38

In this thread I am referring ONLY to the Club's own mobile app which should show ALL CLs listed on the Club website.  I am not referring to the new CL Booking App designed by CL owners.

Thank you for raising this topic.  A number of CLs have noticed that the Club mobile App does not show their CL.  When notified, the club seems to rectify the issue, but it is rather strange that the App is 'out of synch' with the club website.  

Even more weirdly, we have found instances (reported on Facebook and verified by multiple users) that whilst some users of the App can find a specific CL, it does not appear for others.

I am speculating, but perhaps the App resides on more than 1 server and that they are out of synch with the main database held on the website.

I have raised this issue with club management and await an informed reply.

peedee replied on 22/11/2021 15:24

Posted on 18/10/2021 15:01 by peedee

I am having exactly the same problem. I was trying to add East Cawledge Farm to my favourites and discovered it is not listed in the App. A quick search of Alnwick shows only three sites listed in the aPP yet the web site shows 7 ??? Come on Club, how can you expect members to use it when it lacks so much credibility.

Get it sorted

peedee

Posted on 22/11/2021 15:24

Thanks for the corrections noted today.

peedee

cyberyacht replied on 07/01/2022 11:43

Posted on 07/01/2022 11:43

I was going to download the App but, upon visiting the Apple App Store, I saw that it was only rated with one star. That does little to encourage me to use it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook