Reviews

replied on 09/03/2017 17:08

Posted on 09/03/2017 17:08

well i'd love to leave a review for the cl we stayed at last night, however every time i click the button leave a review it says log in.  I am logged it.  I'm sorry i did try.

Bakers2 replied on 09/03/2017 17:12

Posted on 09/03/2017 17:12

Please advise east Grimstead they have said that they've cured the problem!

Meanwhile you could review on here. Was it local to you? We're looking for local ones.

brue replied on 11/03/2017 12:27

Posted on 11/03/2017 12:27

I see it is now possible to leave a CL review on sites where the reviews are missing.  I wonder if the OP had tried when an attempt at adding a review was locked?

replied on 11/03/2017 16:57

Posted on 11/03/2017 16:57

I let hq know and they were going to look into it.  I'll try again when i get chance.  Rather do that than leave review in discussions as it will just get lost in time.

brue replied on 31/03/2017 11:28

Posted on 31/03/2017 11:28

I looked at a CL mentioned on another thread (In Burnham on Crouch) and this had a highlighted note in pink stating that previous reviews and ratings were missing. However when I put a review on a site in Cornwall with missing reviews and ratings there was no note. Does the CMC know which sites are without previous reviews and ratings?

Oneputt replied on 31/03/2017 12:38

Posted on 31/03/2017 12:38

Brue, do you mean Burnham Wick Farm?  Just been on reviews and no mention of missing reviews.  Both the ones I left are still there.  I did notice that both my review count and helpful count had been reduce quite significantly.

There was a CL in Hampshire that had very indifferent reviews and I see that all their reviews have disappeared. 

Bakers2 replied on 31/03/2017 12:52

Posted on 31/03/2017 12:52

Brue  if you a talking about my mention of Burnham on Crouch CL it is Burham Wick Farm. I believe it had/has the pink banner about lack of reviews when I checked before we went but certainly mine and Oneputt were there nelliethehooker has left one too. I haven't tried to leave a review this time. May well do in a mo. It's a lovely field were you can choose from 2 pitch allocation for each pitch, on shady on open. There is a tap in the field too. Grass isn't a lawn but meadow, like most of Essex drains fast unless ridiculous rainfall. However the black waste,toilet ( shared with the livery people) and shower are a good walk away, but you can take your vehicle to them. Great static caravan with books, magazines, sofa and loads of information on what to do locally. They even leave envelope and pen so you can pop your money through the door if you haven't had the pleasure of meeting the owners, really thoughful  Hope this helps.

brue replied on 31/03/2017 13:19

Posted on 31/03/2017 13:19

Thanks both, Yes it was Burnham Wick Farm which your comments have tempted me to think about.

See here

I can still see the pink banner after the site description, I presume it's visible on my link? On other CLs with reviews missing there is no banner and no indication of lost ratings either.

We are going over to the Hastings area in June and now I wish I'd continued on to Essex as it's a long run for us and we'd be nearly there. Will have to work something out later. smile

Bakers2 replied on 31/03/2017 14:37

Posted on 31/03/2017 14:37

Brue I clicked on your link and after I'd logged in, you may not need to but I couldn't see them , but it turns out I hadn't scrolled down far enough. Oneputt is the last one on there or first that you read depending get on how you describe it. They are pretty full Mrs Smith was telling me this is the first year they've been full in March! She hadn't known about CL hiccups but said the bookings usually started 1 January but took a month or more this year to get going. Lack of handbook or website? Who can say? I'm sure you'll enjoy, and yes Hastings is a good way towards Essex from you!

nelliethehooker replied on 31/03/2017 20:41

Posted on 31/03/2017 13:19 by brue

Thanks both, Yes it was Burnham Wick Farm which your comments have tempted me to think about.

See here

I can still see the pink banner after the site description, I presume it's visible on my link? On other CLs with reviews missing there is no banner and no indication of lost ratings either.

We are going over to the Hastings area in June and now I wish I'd continued on to Essex as it's a long run for us and we'd be nearly there. Will have to work something out later. smile

Posted on 31/03/2017 20:41

Brue, I've used both your link and also accessed the site by using the CL Search. Both have the same pink banner, but there are also reviews which will open if you select the "see more reviews" arrow. OP's, Bakers' and mine are all there.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook