Restored reviews

susanb replied on 11/06/2017 13:28

Posted on 11/06/2017 13:28

Delighted that all our old and previously Deleted User reviews are back, hope everyone else has got theirs back too.

Wherenext replied on 11/06/2017 13:56

Posted on 11/06/2017 13:56

So glad for all CL owners that this has happened but a shambles that it happened in the first place and then another that it's taken so long to rectify.

Of course it might have helped if someone from the club had come on and explained what was happening behind the scenes and given a timescale for fixing the problems instead of leaving everyone in the dark.

I now assume that they're busy fixing other bits but perhaps they could explain which ones, via Rowena perhaps, so that we know what is being done.

DavidKlyne replied on 11/06/2017 16:15

Posted on 11/06/2017 16:06 by Oneputt

Think I have a few more back but certainly not all of them

Posted on 11/06/2017 16:15

Oneputt

Are you able to tell whether the ones that have not been restored are older reviews or is a mix of both?

David

Bakers2 replied on 11/06/2017 16:50

Posted on 11/06/2017 16:50

Well I checked out Burnham Wick Farm which as reviews but it still has the pink banner about technical issues. But Newton Grove doesn't.  So not consistent 😉

brue replied on 11/06/2017 16:58

Posted on 11/06/2017 16:58

Maybe there'll be further maintenance on here later while they get more sorted, there must be a lot to do.

young thomas replied on 11/06/2017 18:47

Posted on 11/06/2017 18:47

...but why, why, why doesnt someone actually say what the maintenance is for and what we can expect when the system is returned to us, the users?

To (yet again) just take the system down with no indication of what (fully tested?) fixes are being rolled out is par for the course.

were these restored reviews just spotted by chance, were cl owners told to check every day, just in case?.....

or did CC actually tell CL owners that this was what the mainrence window was for?.....

who knows?

will CC reveal all?

dont hold your breathundecided

brue replied on 11/06/2017 19:00

Posted on 11/06/2017 19:00

I don't think senior management at the Club will ever apologise or explain for the last six months of website faults, they've missed opportunities in the magazine and on social media.  Luckily CT users have been able to point up faults, I suppose we have our uses. wink

nelliethehooker replied on 11/06/2017 21:52

Posted on 11/06/2017 16:06 by Oneputt

Think I have a few more back but certainly not all of them

Posted on 11/06/2017 21:52

Same with me, I've been credited with about 3/4 of the ones that I've posted.

CholseyGrange replied on 12/06/2017 08:31

Posted on 12/06/2017 08:31

Great to see that the Reviews have been fixed for us CL Owners (at long last), but there's still a long list of other fixes that need to be made before we even reach the 'enhancements' promised by this new site..   

Fixes still needed

1. The 'Map View' for CL's  - should be searchable by feature (eg EHU)
  2. The Mobile App - still uses the 'old' data so is increasingly out of date
  3. Members seem unable to leave more than one review for a CL
  4. A 'Response' to a CL Review from an owner needs to be loaded manually at HQ if it is to remain visible

Enhancements promised

• Ability for CL Owners to update their information / photos themselves without having to burden the CL team with each and every request.
  • CL Owners 'private' forum for sharing best practice & improving communication between HQ and CL owners
  • Online tracking of members who are No-Shows and Late Cancellations (as per Club Sites)
  • Ability for CL's to register / sell new Membership on-line for 'drop-ins' thereby increasing the Club membership (as per Club Sites and  C&CC CS's )

and I'm sure there are more that I can't think of on a Monday morning !

But, I suppose some progress is better than none..

nelliethehooker replied on 12/06/2017 20:32

Posted on 11/06/2017 21:52 by nelliethehooker

Same with me, I've been credited with about 3/4 of the ones that I've posted.

Posted on 12/06/2017 20:32

Edit. I've just checked and it seem that perhaps my missing reviews are due to repeats, where I've posted a second review on a site following a change in the CL's circumstances.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook