POOR WI_FI

jeffnmarj replied on 27/06/2017 13:32

Posted on 27/06/2017 13:32

We have just returned from 6 days at Bunree in Scotland and unfortunately suffered the  vagaries, and inclemency  of the Scottish weather.  I pitched up in the rain, went for water in the rain, and attempted to view the Loch in the rain,  Whilst appreciating the unparalleled beauty of Scottish landscapes, my wife, who is disabled relies on a good wi-fi connection and when reading in the Caravan and Motor Home Club handbook that Bunree has Gold standard I decided to visit here. 

I would respectfully point out that the wi-fi is ABYSMAL and can hardly be relied upon especially at a cost of £10.00 per device!!!!!!   I reported the matter to the warden and I was told that they were well aware of the problem and it had been  passed over to the supplier  some Air  Angels.

All in all we enjoyed our visit to Glencoe, etc and moved over to a C.L in North Berwick for a further 6 days with better weather and a SUPERB wi-fi signal!!!!!

Jeff. Stones

Freedom a whitebox replied on 27/06/2017 15:43

Posted on 27/06/2017 15:43

having just spent a few days on this site also, I can confirm that the wifi is very poor. It was good enough to tell me that my subscription had just expired and equally good at taking my renewal payment , but then failed  miserably to hold onto a decent signal for basic use. 

Very dissapointed!

JVB66 replied on 27/06/2017 15:48

Posted on 27/06/2017 15:43 by Freedom a whitebox

having just spent a few days on this site also, I can confirm that the wifi is very poor. It was good enough to tell me that my subscription had just expired and equally good at taking my renewal payment , but then failed  miserably to hold onto a decent signal for basic use. 

Very dissapointed!

Posted on 27/06/2017 15:48

How were advised your internet had expired?,not had that ,just unable to log on 

Freedom a whitebox replied on 27/06/2017 15:54

Posted on 27/06/2017 15:48 by JVB66

How were advised your internet had expired?,not had that ,just unable to log on 

Posted on 27/06/2017 15:54

Tried to log on ( many times with no luck) then tried to register and it recognised my details and requested/ offered renewal options. 

brue replied on 27/06/2017 16:08

Posted on 27/06/2017 16:08

Probably the bad weather meant that many resorted to extra wi-fi usage, which slows everything down. I've mentioned on another thread, we stopped using club wi-fi awhile back, there are better ways available and more than one of you can connect up too.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook