New CL near Shaftesbury, Dorset?

moulesy replied on 20/05/2019 11:35

Posted on 20/05/2019 11:35

Some time ago the owner of a new CL in Dorset posted details of the site they were about to open. From memory it was near the A350 Shaftesbury area. The details looked good, but, stupidly, I didn't bother to write them down at the time and I'm blowed if I can find them now.

So if that owner, or anyone who remembers and did record them at the time, reads this or thinks it's their site would it be possible to have the details again? I've searched the CL section under Dorset, but just can't pinpoint which CL it was!

Thanks in advance. smile

JayOutdoors replied on 21/05/2019 19:03

Posted on 21/05/2019 19:03

Maybe they haven't opened.  I can't think of a CL near A350 but seem to remember someone with an unusual avatar name posting about using a pony paddock as a CL and I thought in the Blackmore Vale area - a little further west of the A350.  If you need to be near Shaftsbury there is the 5van NT one at Stourhead about 10/15 mins drive away. Loos open when house is and lots of walks. As you're in Wiltshire you probably already know it.  Hope you manage to find what you need.

moulesy replied on 21/05/2019 19:07

Posted on 21/05/2019 19:07

Got my geography slightly wrong - but have discovered the original post. The CL was to be called Cherry Cottage and was actually between Sherbourne and Dorchester! 

I've just started a FAO thread hoping the owner will spot it and let us know how things are going. smile

NicolaW replied on 21/05/2019 22:08

Posted on 21/05/2019 19:07 by moulesy

Got my geography slightly wrong - but have discovered the original post. The CL was to be called Cherry Cottage and was actually between Sherbourne and Dorchester! 

I've just started a FAO thread hoping the owner will spot it and let us know how things are going. smile

Posted on 21/05/2019 22:08

I've just tagged the lady in question on Facebook to let her know about this thread smile

mummypig1 replied on 21/05/2019 22:30

Posted on 21/05/2019 22:30

Hi thanks for the interest, you are talking about our new CL Cherry Cottage, I’m afraid we aren’t quite open yet. A few bits to finish off over next week or so plus club inspection visit to organise, website and Facebook page to build.   We are in Middlemarsh between Sherborne and Dorchester.  Shaftesbury is about 35 mins away, as is the coast. There is a nice public footpath to The Hunters Moon pub for  excellent pub grub. The main bus route passes down our lane linking Sherborne and Dorchester and the rail stations.  The Electric is in 16amp certificate recd yesterday! We will have a toilet, laundry and the site is level with 2 hard standing pitches plus info shed. We will be a family site with dogs welcome on leads for whom we have created a dog walk around our hay meadow, already a big hit with our dog! 

I will keep you posted as we progress over the next few weeks.   

moulesy replied on 22/05/2019 08:15

Posted on 22/05/2019 08:15

Thanks for that. Looking forward to hopefully being one of your first customers! smile

harryb replied on 22/05/2019 10:59

Posted on 22/05/2019 10:59

Mummypig, Thanks for the info. That can be your first site report. It sounds good. I only wish that other cl owners would give this type of info on their sites.

Thanks to Skybarn farm also. The power of Facebook is a wonder. It worked after 20 mins.

mummypig1 replied on 22/05/2019 21:14

Posted on 22/05/2019 21:14

Thanks for positive comments, we’re really excited about our CL and look forward to welcoming our first visitors soon. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook