New CL in Wigtownshire

dave the rave replied on 27/04/2019 12:48

Posted on 27/04/2019 12:48

may magazine just arrived.as always I look at cl updates.this month shows a new cl under Newton Stewart at what used to be Sorbie primary school.Distance from Newton Stewart shown as 3 miles south.!Actual distance is 12 miles approx.Town and shop 1 mile.Shop is only open a few hours a day and there is no town!other than Wigtown,Newton stewart or Whithorn.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/04/2019 16:07

Posted on 27/04/2019 16:07

Looks a very nice site, great for those who want loos and showers. Lovely area around there. 😁

Wherenext replied on 27/04/2019 21:04

Posted on 27/04/2019 21:04

I suppose they're treating it as a mini site, Nell. There will be people willing to pay that instead of searching out a site. Not sure without checking how much competition there is.

dave the rave replied on 27/04/2019 21:34

Posted on 27/04/2019 21:04 by Wherenext

I suppose they're treating it as a mini site, Nell. There will be people willing to pay that instead of searching out a site. Not sure without checking how much competition there is.

Posted on 27/04/2019 21:34

There are a number of cl type sites in the area plus the c &mc site down the road at Garlieston but this site should be quieter bearing in mind it,s position on the edge of a very peaceful village.The Pheasant is really friendly with good food (but not open every day)

GJac replied on 23/06/2019 18:43

Posted on 23/06/2019 18:43

Stayed on this site, Sorbie School, last week and it is excellent.  Owned by a lovely couple this site is particularly fabulous for cyclists as the surrounding roads are the quietest you will ever come across.  Beautiful toilets and showers too.  We loved it and will definitely return - if we can get booked! Oh and adults only.  Great.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook