Monthly CL Opened List

CLMaddie replied on 08/08/2017 12:11

Posted on 08/08/2017 12:11

In a few other discussions it has been asked if there is a way to see what new sites have opened recently.

All new CL sites are published in the monthly magazines, but these can appear a couple of months after the site has been opened. 

I thought that it would be beneficial for all members and CL owners if we posted a list once a month of all CL sites opened the previous month. 

We do already have the following discussion board for New CL owners to advertise their sites here, and I would encourage new CL owners to continue to post on that discussion as well. 

I hope this will be of some use for you all. 

Thanks

Maddie (and the CL team)

CLMaddie replied on 08/08/2017 12:25

Posted on 08/08/2017 12:25

Hi All

To start, these are the sites which opened in June and July. I have put them in order of region rather than date they opened. 

Thanks

Maddie

Wherenext replied on 08/08/2017 16:25

Posted on 08/08/2017 16:25

Thanks Maddie. I often forget to update my bookembarassed so something like this might help me.

If you are going to print this once a month then maybe you could print the numbers of the ones that have closed, no need to name them, the number in the guide would suffice.

harryb replied on 08/08/2017 16:40

Posted on 08/08/2017 16:40

Maddie

Is it a proviso that new cl's have to join as a member. If so are they made aware of Club Together and the New Cl section? It would appear not, as the "Sticky" New Certificated Locations has had very few posts from site owners and David Klyne even made a comment to that effect in April. Since then only two cli's and one established cl have posted.

Shame really.

Takethedogalong replied on 08/08/2017 17:51

Posted on 08/08/2017 17:51

I have already found a newly opened CL on list that might suit us nicely thank you!

nelliethehooker replied on 08/08/2017 19:33

Posted on 08/08/2017 19:33

Thanks, Maddie. It certainly will help, but could you also add the town that the CL will be listed under when it comes to be listed in the Site Directory.

I'd support the request from Wherenext for the SD No. of those CLs that have closed.

nelliethehooker replied on 08/08/2017 19:49

Posted on 08/08/2017 19:49

Maddie. I've just looked at Eastridge Caravan Park, Shropshire and the map is showing it at the wrong location. Instead of it being shown near Pontesbury, south of Shrewsbury the map shows it between Ludlow and Cleobury Mortimer off the A4117. Could you please try and sort this out. I'm sure the new CL owners would appreciate it.

Found another problem...the web site of Bwlford Small Holdings, Pembrokeshire cannot be reached for some reason.

DaveCyn replied on 08/08/2017 20:27

Posted on 08/08/2017 20:27

May I ask if the club has any say in the pricing of CL's?

I ask as I thought there was an ideal new CL on the list, Dorset Springs, but FROM £15 a night for what is essentially a basic CL is far to high!

Yes, it's in a glorious area but, in my opinion, way overpriced!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook