Leaving Reviews

ggregu replied on 17/02/2017 13:00

Posted on 17/02/2017 13:00

I'm currently staying on a CL which I have used before. It's a beautiful place which has had a number of improvements since my last visit - and it was already great!

I wanted to post a review to reflect this but found that because I have already posted one for this site, I couldn't post another! Is this correct?

Gill

Takethedogalong replied on 17/02/2017 14:30

Posted on 17/02/2017 14:30

Does the CL webpage have your last review visible? It would seem detrimental if it is not there, and yet you cannot leave a more up to date review. CLs, and other visitors rely on reviews to a great extent. If you cannot leave one on this website, then perhaps consider using review facility on UKcampsites?

Please repost to let us know if you get a response from HQ.

ggregu replied on 17/02/2017 16:16

Posted on 17/02/2017 16:16

My review from 02/01/15 is the last review for this site, yet I know there were more before that because I left one earlier than this from my first visit. 

It seems ridiculous that you can only ever post one review for a site. I use some sites on a regular basis and like to review each trip.

Im not holding my breath for an answer from HQ!

Gill

Takethedogalong replied on 17/02/2017 16:22

Posted on 17/02/2017 16:22

I did send an email query about a particular CL, and got a reply within 24 hours, but this is more of a website issue I fear. I did a review for every site/CL we used, sometimes more than one of we hadn't been for a few years. Most disappeared with the new website as apparently they only wanted to keep more recent reviews, and are still migrating some information from the old website. I will only do them to help CLs in future.

Take a look at Caravanchat forum, great reviews on there for all sorts of sites, not just Club based. Photographs as well, gives users a really good idea of the sites.

ggregu replied on 17/02/2017 16:33

Posted on 17/02/2017 16:33

It doesn't seem fair to CL's who have built up a number of excellent reviews- as I know this one has- that suddenly some muppet deems them to be too old and just ditches them!

Gill

Takethedogalong replied on 17/02/2017 16:39

Posted on 17/02/2017 16:39

It's not fair to those who take the time and trouble to write them either. Poor Nelliethehooker has lost a huge number of his very useful reviews.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/02/2017 20:53

Posted on 17/02/2017 20:53

Or to get more to close so that members will have to revert to using club sites instead!!!   Cynic?  ME???

ggregu replied on 24/02/2017 17:16

Posted on 24/02/2017 17:16

Sorry for late reply NTH!

The CL I was on is called Home Farm, Lower Kewstoke Rd nr Weston Super Mare. It's a site in a cider orchard, the owners are so friendly and have made many improvements since my first visit 3 years ago. It's close to where my son lives so I have visited quite a few times. I just wanted to post a more up to date review as I see that many reviews have been lost.

Gill

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2017 18:57

Posted on 24/02/2017 18:57

The previous version of the website allowed members to leave a second review so when building the new website somebody in IT must have made a conscious decision to exclude this possibility. 

So the questions are, who in IT was it and why did they do so? Was it a unilateral decision? It really was a stupid decision, but I doubt whether anyone will be held responsible, and should be reversed immediately but suspect it will be well down their priority list.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook