Laggan CL, Scotland

heddlo replied on 20/08/2022 16:26

Posted on 20/08/2022 16:26

Glad they managed to get the CL opened again.  Sadly we had booked there for September but he wrote to cancel our booking when the problems arose, we have now made other arrangements but another time maybe.  It looks lovely and there are so few CL’s in the area. 

nelliethehooker replied on 20/08/2022 19:53

Posted on 20/08/2022 19:53

Harry, it still states that they are no longer taking bookings,  on the link you have supplied. The quote below is from the CL's club web page.

"Site information
This CL site is currently not taking bookings."

harryb replied on 20/08/2022 21:20

Posted on 20/08/2022 19:53 by nelliethehooker

Harry, it still states that they are no longer taking bookings,  on the link you have supplied. The quote below is from the CL's club web page.

"Site information
This CL site is currently not taking bookings."

Posted on 20/08/2022 21:20

This news was announced only two days ago so perhaps the site hasn't got the news to the club yet and that's why the "no bookings" is still on there.

No doubt it should be announced in the next wave of new cl's from Maddie

Tammygirl replied on 21/08/2022 21:40

Posted on 21/08/2022 21:40

Just looked at this,  bit pricey £22 per night + metered electricity.

According to the paper report that Kj linked its a Motorhome aire one minute and a CL the next very confusing if people read that if non members. 

nelliethehooker replied on 21/08/2022 22:06

Posted on 21/08/2022 21:40 by Tammygirl

According to the paper report that Kj linked its a Motorhome aire one minute and a CL the next very confusing if people read that if non members. 

Posted on 21/08/2022 22:06

And those prices were before they got their latest planning permission and rise in electricity prices.

InaD replied on 21/08/2022 22:30

Posted on 21/08/2022 21:40 by Tammygirl

Posted on 21/08/2022 22:30

My thoughts too, TG. Neither does it have WC/shower; we've never paid more than £22 for a CL, but at that price EHU was included, and it had WC/shower. 

Tammygirl replied on 22/08/2022 09:41

Posted on 22/08/2022 09:41

It's not just me then. 

I don't mind the metered electricity but not on top of £20 pitch fee.  It does look to be a nice clean and tidy newly H/S site though. 

I've been looking round at CLs a fair bit this year and lots of them seem to have increased their prices by £5+ per night one I saw by £9. 

North East England £25+ and that's before the electricity rise,  no shower or toilet. £20+ for just grass pitches no facilities. 

To be honest some of the club non facility sites are cheaper than some CLs 😲 never thought I would say/write that. 

heddlo replied on 22/08/2022 11:54

Posted on 22/08/2022 11:54

We booked Laggan, and were prepared to pay £22, although we didn’t notice the metered electricity but that’s fine as we don’t use it wastefully. It’s in an area near where we wanted to be and as previously mentioned there are so few CL’s around there. We like a hardstanding pitch too, much cleaner.  We have also noticed the increase in prices but who can blame them, I suppose they will be feeling the pinch as we all will soon!   Mind you we did balk at a CL in Cornwall (field and a lovely view) at £30 a night, and 50% down payment a year in advance!!! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook