It had to happen

greylag replied on 18/03/2020 17:15

Posted on 18/03/2020 17:15

Booked a 5 van site this weekend, might be last chance to see the kids for a while.  Just had a phone call to say the site was closing down for a while and cancelled the booking.  

I don't blame them, best off to keep away from any interaction if they are worried.  I think I might have to phone the sites we have booked for Scotland in May, only want one or two to shut down to cause a problem.

Wherenext replied on 19/03/2020 18:09

Posted on 19/03/2020 18:09

I really don't think it's going to be all over and back to normal by May Gl.

I've cancelled 2 sites and a CL wouldn't take a booking for June! Too early they said and I think they may right as well.

cyberyacht replied on 22/03/2020 19:13

Posted on 22/03/2020 19:13

Not half as stir crazy as we are going to be a few months down the line. Although, perhaps by then, we may be grateful to just be alive.

replied on 22/03/2020 20:10

Posted on 22/03/2020 19:13 by cyberyacht

Not half as stir crazy as we are going to be a few months down the line. Although, perhaps by then, we may be grateful to just be alive.

Posted on 22/03/2020 20:10

NICE has issued similar guidelines in England & Wales to those used some 10 days or so ago by the Italian medical authorities, i.e. first, assess the likelihood of patient's recovery [younger recover quicker]; second, have regard to underlying health conditions [slower recovery, so blocking the treatment' chain']; third, what sort of life expectancy would the patient have.

Those of us who are past our first flush of youth will slide to the back of the queue under criteria 1 & 3, and if you're in the 'At Risk' groups, you may well have to accept the inevitability of a '1 way ticket' if you do contract the virus ...

Perhaps the advised 12 weeks isolation might not be such a bad idea after all ...

Steve

dreamer1 replied on 22/03/2020 20:57

Posted on 22/03/2020 20:57

All sites now closed until 30 6 2020 all our bookings gone absolutely gutted but understand the reasons behind the clubs action, we as members are not immune to this terrible virus  so we will just have to look forward to next year. Stay safe and well everyone.

greylag replied on 26/03/2020 17:08

Posted on 26/03/2020 17:08

We were due to go to Tenby in June and understood that the CAMC had closed the whole network.  The CL owner says that he is open and hasn't heard anything from the club.

He is refusing point blank to return the £40 deposit, saying that he will hold it until I do go to Wales, which I have no plans to do after June.

Either the CAMC has closed it's network or not.

Just SORNed the van until it's over.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook