Help to CL owners - just a suggestion

Littleant replied on 26/03/2020 11:54

Posted on 26/03/2020 11:54

As we look around us at the massive outpouring of good will and community spirit in these difficult days of the coronavirus, might we be able to support our CL network at this time of crisis?

Many of the CLs we have visited have been on farms, where the CL is a sideline to their main business, but I am also aware of the CLs that have invested heavily in their visitor experience, and where running the CL seems to be their full-time job.

As a self employed person, I am eagerly awaiting what the Government might be able to help with, so I understand fully the plight of our CL owners who have lost their revenue overnight, and who will still have their costs and insurances to pay.

I'm considering offering a booking for a 'virtual' stay on our favourite CL, ie paying for a week's stay, even though we can't go in person, as I hope the CL is question will still be there for us when things get back to normal - but I don't take as a given that they will be without our support.

Just a suggestion.  Good luck to all, and keep well and stay safe.

Takethedogalong replied on 26/03/2020 12:56

Posted on 26/03/2020 12:56

I have emailed a couple of our favourite CLs this morning, assured them of our future support and sent good wishes. Will do a few more over the next few days.

Johnny57 replied on 27/03/2020 20:46

Posted on 27/03/2020 20:46

Littleant & Takethedogalong
Its great that you are thinking about the CL network. Some CLs maybe thinking about the future! lets hope the CL network does not drop below the 2200 after this is all over.
Its a very tough time for all, keep safe & well.

nelliethehooker replied on 28/03/2020 19:34

Posted on 27/03/2020 20:46 by Johnny57

Littleant & Takethedogalong
Its great that you are thinking about the CL network. Some CLs maybe thinking about the future! lets hope the CL network does not drop below the 2200 after this is all over.
Its a very tough time for all, keep safe & well.

Posted on 28/03/2020 19:34

It must already be near that level, Johnny, after seeing the number closed in the latest issue of the club's magazine.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook