Gower Peninsula recommendations

Swifty 123 replied on 28/01/2018 15:55

Posted on 28/01/2018 15:55

We are planning a trip to the Gower Peninsula in September 2018 and would welcome any recommendations for nice CL sites in this area, electric hook up would be a must but not too bothered about shower and WC facilities as we can use our own. We will be using the site as a base for touring the area as we have never visited the Gower Peninsula before and everyone we know who has been there are full of praise for the area. 

nelliethehooker replied on 28/01/2018 19:18

Posted on 28/01/2018 19:18

We've used Stembridge Farm, Llanrhidian, No.2306 in Site Directory, a couple of time and would use it again. It had H/S, EHU & a toilet, and very friendly owners too.

Lynneallan replied on 29/01/2018 14:59

Posted on 29/01/2018 14:59

There's a private site, right on the beach, called carreg Lwyd, it' s in port eynon. It doesn't have a swimming and not cheap.  But it's in a lovely spot as I said right on the beach.

there is also one in Horton, which is called bank farm which does have a swimming pool, club house which I think has entertainment.  But facilities are better on the port eynon sight.

Hope this helps.

lynne

Lynneallan replied on 29/01/2018 15:01

Posted on 29/01/2018 14:59 by Lynneallan

There's a private site, right on the beach, called carreg Lwyd, it' s in port eynon. It doesn't have a swimming and not cheap.  But it's in a lovely spot as I said right on the beach.

there is also one in Horton, which is called bank farm which does have a swimming pool, club house which I think has entertainment.  But facilities are better on the port eynon sight.

Hope this helps.

lynne

Posted on 29/01/2018 15:01

Whoops that last word should be site!

nelliethehooker replied on 29/01/2018 20:12

Posted on 28/01/2018 21:35 by Swifty 123

Stembridge farm looks just perfect Nellie, think we may just choose that one. Many thanks 👍

Posted on 29/01/2018 20:12

Glad to help. They added a water tap to each pitch last year and are always on the lookout for more suggestions on improving the site. If you want more info on the area just ask.

Extugger replied on 30/01/2018 08:57

Posted on 30/01/2018 08:57

I know it's not a CL, but I stayed at Three Cliffs Bay, many years ago. It has outstanding views and miles of golden sand virtually under your feet!

My favourite beach was Caswell Bay, but there are many to choose from.

You're in for a treat - Enjoy! cool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook