Gate Farm, Solihull

NevChap replied on 21/02/2017 17:11

Posted on 21/02/2017 17:11

Posting here as the website is not allowing me to write a review from the 'Gate Farm' CL entry. Staying here as it is close to the NEC and we are here for the show. Excellent CL. Secure, well laid out, good views and electric points, water (fresh and grey), chemical toilet emptying and rubbish and recycling all newly installed. Mainly hardstanding with some grass pitching if preferred. Welcome friendly and efficient. The planes for the nearby airport don't worry us as they are not the big Jumbo Jets and after a while are not noticed. Highly recommended.

nelliethehooker replied on 21/02/2017 19:37

Posted on 21/02/2017 19:37

Thanks for that, Nev, It's such a shame that the new version of the web site won't allow reviews to be posted on new CLs. They would be better sorting this out than bothering with all this rubbish of a new name!!

GateFarm replied on 22/02/2017 11:37

Posted on 22/02/2017 11:37

We are not the only one, and reviews are not the only problem with the website and the App. There are likely to be a lot of CLs wondering about the confusing questions they are being asked, because the facilities search is broken.

I have heard about a member searching for hardstandings and finding no results in a whole county. We were asked where our showers were, which we don't as yet have.

New website and rebranding at the same time was simply creating a double disaster - I have no confidence that this will be sorted out in the near future.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook