F.A.O. nelliethehooker

eyebrowsb replied on 31/05/2017 16:16

Posted on 31/05/2017 16:16

Hi nellie - just noticed on the Gate Farm CL topic, that you've stayed at The Lodge (No 1458 in SD)  There don't seem to be any reviews of this CL, but I'm guessing you thought it was okay?

We're looking for an overnight stop next week, which is close to the M6.

nelliethehooker replied on 31/05/2017 20:06

Posted on 31/05/2017 20:06

Yes, it was fine for us, LR. I'm sure that I did a review but after the mess-up with the changes to the web site I'm guess that it's was lost. We had no problem finding it by just following the route in the Site Directory. It's down a short narrow lane off the road so was nice and quiet, and there's a good dog walk round the adjacent country park. Hope this helps. We would definitely use it again as a stop-off site.

Should you use it please let me know what you think of it, if you don't mind. Thanks in anticipation. nth

eyebrowsb replied on 31/05/2017 21:12

Posted on 31/05/2017 21:12

Thanks nellie.  Just spent ages typing a reply which seems to have disappeared frown

The CL looks good for us too, but tried calling the number in the SD this afternoon, which instructed me to call a different mobile number, which I did.  No answer there either, so left a message.  

Googled the landline number, but no answer there either!  They haven't returned my calls, so probably going to have to look for somewhere else unfortunately. 

nelliethehooker replied on 31/05/2017 21:55

Posted on 31/05/2017 21:55

From what I remember we had no problem with getting a booking, or we'd have tried elsewhere. Such a pity and not good service.

How far do you want to travel down before stopping? There's a decent one at Sandbach, No 116 in the Site Directory, if you can get in, that's not too far off the m/way....off at one jnct and back on at the next south. Further south there's No.1446 at Gailey which has been recommended by Cyberyacht, following a visit.

Hope this helps.

eyebrowsb replied on 01/06/2017 08:14

Posted on 01/06/2017 08:14

Thanks again nellie.  1446 is a little further south than we wanted really.  The Lodge looked great because of the dog walk.  I'll see if they reply today, but if not, will give the Sandbach one a try.

eyebrowsb replied on 01/06/2017 15:02

Posted on 01/06/2017 15:02

No reply from The Lodge as yet.  Tried calling again and sent an email!

Looked at your recommendation No 116 at Sandbach, but then saw 117 which has good reviews and looks better from a dog walking point of view?  Anyway, we're booked in there.

Thanks for your help and suggestions smile

eyebrowsb replied on 01/06/2017 20:07

Posted on 01/06/2017 20:07

Finally had a reply from The Lodge late this afternoon!  

The Lodge was our first choice, so have contacted 117 to cancel our booking.  I feel awful doing that, but we really would prefer somewhere with a good dog walk!

nelliethehooker replied on 01/06/2017 20:44

Posted on 01/06/2017 20:07 by eyebrowsb

Finally had a reply from The Lodge late this afternoon!  

The Lodge was our first choice, so have contacted 117 to cancel our booking.  I feel awful doing that, but we really would prefer somewhere with a good dog walk!

Posted on 01/06/2017 20:44

Shame that they took so long in responding......did they give a reason for the delay? Hope that it is just what you want, after all the delay etc.

eyebrowsb replied on 16/06/2017 21:18

Posted on 16/06/2017 21:18

Just an update .... had an overnight stay at The Lodge last Wednesday (7th) the site was easy enough to find, but the access lane was severely potholed!  Pleasant enough site, but it seems that we chose the wrong pitch! 

We went on the first pitch through the gate, and within 20 minutes of arriving, huge HGV's were thundering past us, on the other side of the hedge, within a few yards of the caravan!!  Not quite the quiet site we expected!  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook