Dukeries Retreat

nelliethehooker replied on 07/03/2021 14:00

Posted on 07/03/2021 14:00

I have just read on FB that this CL is closed as they are turning over to Glamping units, and can't do both. However it is still showing as being open on the club's CL website. Why?

DavidKlyne replied on 07/03/2021 15:58

Posted on 07/03/2021 15:58

Nellie

Are you sure it's closed as a CL permanently? On Facebook I found this posted 6 hours ago:-

"Just to clarify our position; Yes we are still open as a CL we are full for April & May but as we are starting Glamping with bell tents and having major site work done, we are not taking bookings for caravans and motor homes from 25th May until 4th October. As we have 7 acres of pasture, it would have been easy to run both together but we are abiding by CAMC rules of separation of site, facilities and entrances. From October we will have wood fired hot tubs individual shower rooms and a pizza oven, the barn will be a communal area for family & friends to gather. We are hoping to be able to do both Glamping and CL next summer when we can satisfy CAMC that they can be separated. We have only had to cancel 4 bookings and obviously given a full refund. We hated having to do this as we love our CL guests but needs must 😟 for those of you who have booked for April, May and October, we can’t wait to see you! Lyndis & Mick."

David

nelliethehooker replied on 07/03/2021 19:45

Posted on 07/03/2021 19:45

David, I just found that myself and was going to post it now, you best me to it. Thanks.

I was going to suggest you close this post but it might be better if it is left open for a while so that other prospective users know the situation.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook