Dogs running free!

PR1 replied on 06/08/2018 18:52

Posted on 06/08/2018 18:52

Ok, they were only little dogs!

On an absolutely fabulous CL lastweek, with everything you want!

Older couple turn up, and totally ignore the rules, and let their two little ‘Scottie’ like dogs to run free! Not amused when one decides to have a go at me!  Soon learnt that I am not to be messed with!

Despite warnings from the site owners, they still refused to put the hounds on a lead!

Why, oh why.  Just because they are old do they think that they can ignore rules about dogs on leads

Tinwheeler replied on 06/08/2018 19:02

Posted on 06/08/2018 19:02

I doubt it’s anything to do with their age, PR. I’m not defending their behaviour but people don’t suddenly at 60 or 70 decide to disobey rules.

I think you should be complaining to the site owner who failed to enforce his own rules and to the club's CL department.

Btw, there is a new thread 'Dogs and Touring' in UK Sites which is for dog related matters but we are asked not to post complaints.

ChrisRogers replied on 06/08/2018 19:57

Posted on 06/08/2018 19:57

Something different! Had the same problem a few weeks ago on one of the other clubs 5 van sites, not other caravanners dogs, but the owners. They came into the field barking at our dog on a lead, peeing on our awning, came back one day and we think one of the dogs got in the awning and ate our dogs biscuits, when we walked through the farmyard to the lane to take him for a walk they came out and started to nip him, we then had to walk out with a shuttlecock racket to get rid of them. We complained to the owner who said she kept them in at 9.00pm when we took him for a walk, we said we went out at 6.45pm and came back after 8.30pm that night, we were also having a BBQ and the dogs came, showed her the nips on the our dog, we paid up and left 4 days early.

nelliethehooker replied on 06/08/2018 20:52

Posted on 06/08/2018 20:52

Name and shame, Chris, so that others can avoid a similar occurrence by giving the site a miss. Perhaps then if the owners realise that they are loosing custom they might do something about their dogs.

replied on 06/08/2018 20:55

Posted on 06/08/2018 19:27 by Fisherman

See the post under "Wales" here.

Posted on 06/08/2018 20:55

where? 

Cherokee2015 replied on 06/08/2018 22:54

Posted on 06/08/2018 19:57 by ChrisRogers

Something different! Had the same problem a few weeks ago on one of the other clubs 5 van sites, not other caravanners dogs, but the owners. They came into the field barking at our dog on a lead, peeing on our awning, came back one day and we think one of the dogs got in the awning and ate our dogs biscuits, when we walked through the farmyard to the lane to take him for a walk they came out and started to nip him, we then had to walk out with a shuttlecock racket to get rid of them. We complained to the owner who said she kept them in at 9.00pm when we took him for a walk, we said we went out at 6.45pm and came back after 8.30pm that night, we were also having a BBQ and the dogs came, showed her the nips on the our dog, we paid up and left 4 days early.

Posted on 06/08/2018 22:54

Had the same problem this weekend on a CL in York.   Been going here years and their dogs have always roamed and we are used to it however, my hubby is not a dog lover, nor were some of the other visitors (new to the site) and this is a large German Shepherd.     I do think that the owners should keep their own dogs under control - this one even left a nice 'parcel' near one of the van doors!   

JillwithaJay replied on 07/08/2018 07:37

Posted on 07/08/2018 07:37

Unfortunately, because we have a dedicated thread for all posts relating to touring with dogs in the UK Sites and Touring Section  - "Dogs and Touring" I have to close this one.

Please feel free to repost in the thread mentioned above.

Fisherman replied on 07/08/2018 09:05

Posted on 07/08/2018 09:05

Content has been removed.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook