Cowslip Cottage CL. Nr Weymouth Dorset

tigerfish replied on 26/09/2017 17:52

Posted on 26/09/2017 17:52

Just spent 6 Nights at this lovely CL in Chickerell Nr Weymouth in Dorset.  We wish it could have been more but the CL was pretty well solidly booked up during the period we wanted and I could see why.

The site is located in the extended back garden of a detached house and although sloping none of the pitches are beyond the scope of any competent caravaner.  The grass is maintained cut short and at good quality lawn standard.  The views from the site are lovely and look over a country valley with grazing horses and sheep nearby. The bird life is abundant and varied.

The Couple who own and run the site are both pleasant and knowledgable about the area, it was immediately apparent that most of the members staying were regular visitors.

What made this site so outstanding were the size, quality and cleanliness of the toilet and Shower facilities . The two toilet cubicle's were each quite large and included a full size wash hand basin and good quality liquid soap. The Toilet and basin ceramics were also of high quality. The large shower compartment was also fitted to a very high standard.  Finally the small (by CC standards) toilet block included what appeared to be an almost new washing machine for use by the CL residents.

The cost of all this quality and attention to detail - £17 per night for a Couple and their van.  More than I am usually prepared to pay, but for this standard of CL I was very happy, and will most certainly return.

TF

DavidKlyne replied on 26/09/2017 18:49

Posted on 26/09/2017 18:49

TF

Glad you enjoyed your stay but assume you have left a review as well as posting here? 

From what you say about levelling it seems that it might not be suitable for motorhomes?

David

tigerfish replied on 27/09/2017 00:53

Posted on 27/09/2017 00:53

Yes David, The top two pitches, nearest the House, are on gravel and pretty flat, certainly very easily compensated by slim wooden plates under the low sided wheels. Neither should you jump to the conclusion that the remaining pitches are on steep slopes. They are by no means extreme and across the pitch rather than for & aft. Very easily put right by medium ramps.

No I haven't left a review. I long ago migrated to a much easier forum to navigate, so have lost all expertise with this very clunky one.

Best wishes

TF

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook