CL site Alnwick , Northumberland.

Ginny1948 replied on 03/05/2017 07:39

Posted on 03/05/2017 07:39

Good morning everyone.

I am looking for a CL at or around Alnwick, Northumberland for a few nights as a stop over on our way down from the Scottish Highlands to Gloucestershire in early September. 

Has anyone any recommendations ?  I would very much appreciate any comments. 

Thank you in anticipation .

Longtimecaravanner replied on 03/05/2017 08:10

Posted on 03/05/2017 08:10

Depends if you are set on a five van site but we stayed at Low Hedgeley Farm CL which is at Powburn, ten miles from Alnwick.

It's a bit of a misnomer as the oblong field has six marked hardstanding pitches, then a fence with some shrubs planted along it with a gate marked ‘Private’, followed by four more grass pitches. There is one immaculate toilet for all ten pitches. Normally I am a stickler for five vans only but the reviews of the site were so good and it was exactly where we wanted to be so we chanced it. The private part is all grass, very well mown but on a very slight slope. Water is connected to all the pitches which are well spaced out, and you are told to pour your grey waste in the hedge. The elsan emptying point with the dustbins is next to the toilet at the bottom of the site and is well maintained. There are excellent views from the top end of the site with a good selection of birds visiting the bird feeder.

harryb replied on 03/05/2017 09:13

Posted on 03/05/2017 09:13

I would also go along with the above cl.

We stayed at the club site in Powburn a few weeks ago and the cl is just off the main road. The A697 is a quiter road than the A1 and not as hilly as the A68. The stretch from Morpeth to Powburn is ok for towing

Takethedogalong replied on 03/05/2017 09:37

Posted on 03/05/2017 09:37

Might not be far South enough for you, but there is a nice CL at Beal, a couple of miles off A1. Brock Mill Farm. It is a mile to causeway across to Lindisfarne, a great day out if you get the tides right! There will be a bit of train noise, it is quite close to main line, but nothing like the Club Site at Berwick which has them practically running through awnings!

PhilHeller replied on 03/05/2017 22:13

Posted on 03/05/2017 22:13

If you fancy an adults only site, the Chain Bridge Camping and Caravanning site just outside Berwick is superb.

nelliethehooker replied on 04/05/2017 19:54

Posted on 04/05/2017 19:54

Another site worth considering if you're willing to stay around Berwick is the ex CL at Paxton House, which is now a 15 van site but has no toilet facilities on site. 

http://paxtonhousecaravanpark.co.uk/

Burleybantam replied on 04/05/2017 20:00

Posted on 03/05/2017 07:39 by Ginny1948

Good morning everyone.

I am looking for a CL at or around Alnwick, Northumberland for a few nights as a stop over on our way down from the Scottish Highlands to Gloucestershire in early September. 

Has anyone any recommendations ?  I would very much appreciate any comments. 

Thank you in anticipation .

Posted on 04/05/2017 20:00

hi the rugby ground  at Alnwick is a caravan site. there are toilets,  showers  and electric hook ups, it is just off the A1. Just ring the number of the ground or just turn up.

Hope that helps

Michelle

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook