CL search results

JimnyBobbins replied on 26/12/2016 08:42

Posted on 26/12/2016 08:42

so I went the long way around to get to the map to search for cl's. By that I mean going to club sites then un ticking club sites and ticking Cl. I then typed in Tonbridge wells. What a wonderful search it did. A view of the whole of the U.K. And I had to zoom in to the south east to look for the site we are moving to today to get the directions and plan our route. 

Looking through the sites, under site facilities it says things like battery charging, dog walking from site, fishing. Why doesn't it say useful things like hook up. One site in the description said "usual facilities like hook up and showers" but in the facilities part it didn't mention hook up or shower. I've still not found our site as my phone is in charge and I know we are booked in to a hook up site with hard standing but due to the issue mentioned above I haven't found our site and will wait for my phone to come alive to get the Cl name. But why has the caravan club made searching for cl's so hard? Are they trying to slowly push cl's out and get rid of them? I sincerely hope not. 

Come on caravan club, it's lovely you are spending millions on your club sites and revamping the web site but make it user friendly for those who only use cl sites. 

Watendlath replied on 26/12/2016 11:46

Posted on 26/12/2016 11:46

It’s even worse.

When you finally manage to pin down a site from the Map search and open it to look at the site in detail you may decide it’s not what you want and so try to look for another CL close by. Guess what? You don’t go back to the enlarged map of where you were a moment ago but right back to the beginning and so have to go through the whole tedious business of selecting the CL button, zooming in, looking at site detail etc and so on and so on.

Makes finding a new CL in an unfamiliar area a real PITA.

nelliethehooker replied on 26/12/2016 20:35

Posted on 26/12/2016 20:35

Why not just use the hard copy map supplied along with the site directory  then. Even the ones from 2 years ago works better than the new web site!wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook