CL recommendations

Bob Skews replied on 27/04/2018 20:14

Posted on 27/04/2018 20:14

Hi everyone,

Although I have been a club member for almost 12 years, I have only used CL's a few times and not for about 6 years. We always use the sites and have been to many throughout the North of England and some further a field. 

I am wanting recommendations for good well kept cl's with ehu and welcomes dogs. We live in South Yorkshire, and would like to hear about some within 1 hour or so or 50 miles for weekend breaks.

If anyone has experience of these and would like to pass on your recommendations, I would appreciate your comments.

We would like them to be walking distance to local towns/villages, pubs, etc. 

Many  thanks for reading my post and hopefully reading your responses.

Kind regards, Bob and Sarah.

moulesy replied on 27/04/2018 20:34

Posted on 27/04/2018 20:34

Hi Bob - can recommend Drake House Farm near Clitheroe. Very well set up CL with great views across to Pendle Hill and walks direct from site. But of a trek down to the pub in West Bradford, though, and even harder trek back up the hill afterwards. But definitely worth a look.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/04/2018 21:31

Posted on 27/04/2018 21:31

Try these:

College Farm, Alkborough 

Splash Farm, Cromford near Matlock

Rectory Farm, Barmston near Bridlington (AO)

Skybarn Farm, Lincoln

Dakota Park, Tattershall, Woodhall Spa

We live in South Yorks, these are a few of our bolt holes. All different, not sure what you like, what your needs are, but worth a look.laughing

Bob Skews replied on 27/04/2018 21:35

Posted on 27/04/2018 21:31 by Takethedogalong

Try these:

College Farm, Alkborough 

Splash Farm, Cromford near Matlock

Rectory Farm, Barmston near Bridlington (AO)

Skybarn Farm, Lincoln

Dakota Park, Tattershall, Woodhall Spa

We live in South Yorks, these are a few of our bolt holes. All different, not sure what you like, what your needs are, but worth a look.laughing

Posted on 27/04/2018 21:35

Hi,

Since posting my request I have already booked Skybarn so I am now satisfied it has been recommended. 

Many thanks

nelliethehooker replied on 27/04/2018 22:15

Posted on 27/04/2018 22:15

Priestfield Grange, Old Brampton, Chesterfield.

Diamond House, Fiskerton, Lincoln.

Crich Lane Farm, Wessington, Alfreton (2 sites)

Hall Croft, Ilkley

And the list goes on & on & on....

Takethedogalong replied on 28/04/2018 11:23

Posted on 27/04/2018 21:35 by Bob Skews

Hi,

Since posting my request I have already booked Skybarn so I am now satisfied it has been recommended. 

Many thanks

Posted on 28/04/2018 11:23

That's good Bob, you won't be disappointed. Nice Country Park nearby, also an interesting vintage bus museum, and Doddington Hall if it is open. Not far by car into Lincoln, best bit up by castle and Cathedral. Enjoy. You have a good few to try now, all depends what you like.

fatbelly replied on 29/04/2018 10:40

Posted on 29/04/2018 10:40

Hi Bob,

We're similar to you in that we've mostly used club sites or full facility commercials but have recently started using CL's. We only use CL's with a shower & toilet block. We've found a lovely CL in Anglesey called Pwll Preban close to Rhoscolyn Beach. I know its a bit further than you wanted but its motorway and dual carriageway all the way to the site from Yorkshire (M62 - M6 - M56).

Bob Skews replied on 29/04/2018 22:54

Posted on 29/04/2018 10:40 by fatbelly

Hi Bob,

We're similar to you in that we've mostly used club sites or full facility commercials but have recently started using CL's. We only use CL's with a shower & toilet block. We've found a lovely CL in Anglesey called Pwll Preban close to Rhoscolyn Beach. I know its a bit further than you wanted but its motorway and dual carriageway all the way to the site from Yorkshire (M62 - M6 - M56).

Posted on 29/04/2018 22:54

We have just spent a week in Anglesey on the Penrhos site. A bit too far for us for a weekend but thanks anyway.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook