CL pricing

stevesal replied on 04/07/2017 19:52

Posted on 04/07/2017 19:52

On a recent break in the northern England and Southern Scotland we used only CLs. Of the 5 we visited only one charged the price per night as shown in the latest sites directory all the others had increased their price by up to £3 per night extra. To me there can be no excuse for not charging the listed price particularly for the first year that the directory is issued. In this day of modern and rapid communication there can be no reasonable reason why the sites directory cannot show the nightly price and the CL owners be required to stick to it. It makes the FROM price shown virtually meaningless and it is high time that these last minute price rises were outlawed particularly in these times of low inflation. The practice could be likened to getting to the checkout in Tesco only to be told 'sorry we have just increased you bill by £10 ' highly undesirable.

We as members should put pressure on the club administration to ensure that the prices published are the prices that are actually charged and this sooner rather than later.

Stephen Parsons.

Memb No18044438

Pippah45 replied on 05/07/2017 19:15

Posted on 05/07/2017 19:15

That is the reason I always check the price when booking as it suggests on the website?  

Fisherman replied on 06/07/2017 14:47

Posted on 06/07/2017 14:47

Fully agree. Its even worse when the prices differ to those on the web site. Like many of us we are peripatetic and don't book in advance. Its totally frustrating and they get a poor review from me when it happens. Its part of the demise of the Cl network as we now look at alternatives.

moulesy replied on 06/07/2017 14:50

Posted on 06/07/2017 14:50

Oh dear, oh dear - I see the dreaded "duplicate thread" syndrome is still at large then! yell

JVB66 replied on 07/07/2017 19:11

Posted on 07/07/2017 19:11

Considering the "latest" site directory was probably in production in the Spring of last year,the prices were probably "correct" when printed, as the saying goeswink,and it always pays to check "latest prices"surprised

Pippah45 replied on 08/07/2017 14:15

Posted on 08/07/2017 14:15

I hope one day they will give a little discount for Solo campers like me - with so many raising their prices I might as well go on a club site if I want to save money! 

nelliethehooker replied on 08/07/2017 20:59

Posted on 08/07/2017 14:15 by Pippah45

I hope one day they will give a little discount for Solo campers like me - with so many raising their prices I might as well go on a club site if I want to save money! 

Posted on 08/07/2017 20:59

You could always ask if they do when inquiring about a booking. I doubt they will if it is a busy/popular site, but perhaps you might just have a bit of good fortune if the site is seldom busy. The worse that can happen is that they say that they don't.

noddy504 replied on 14/07/2017 16:16

Posted on 14/07/2017 16:16

I fully agree with the person who set this question.  I for one do not like having to ask for a price per night as it may be more than I can afford to pay and find this very embarrassing if I have to decline.  I think the fees for CL's had increased more than they are worth at times.  I also object to having to pay for a dog on site, if thy do this to put people going to the site then why not advise no dogs allowed. Surely the site owners could advise the club of change in fee's so the web site could be updated.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/07/2017 20:12

Posted on 14/07/2017 20:12

noddy, I agree with your last sentence, but i wonder how long it takes for the CC to update the prices when informed. As for feeling embarrassed if you decline because of price, don't be. I'm sure that if you were getting a quote for a job done and you though the price too high you'd think nothing of saying so, and the same should apply when enquiring about a site's price. All you need say is "I'm sorry but your price is more than I would pay for Blah, Blah Blah". We don't use sites where we has to pay for our dog, out of principle, so never try to book them in the first place.

JVB66 replied on 15/07/2017 15:01

Posted on 15/07/2017 15:01

The OP questioned the prices in the Handbook, and as noted by a cc reply to a similar question a long time ago there is a cut off date for cl owners to advise of any amendments,before the handbook is published,and some "miss it"so any web updates will probably also not happenundecided

tigerfish replied on 16/07/2017 09:23

Posted on 16/07/2017 09:23

All CL's are considerably less than Club sites, so I really don't see the problem. The sites directory lasts for two years, and with the added delay caused by the printing process, I tend to be surprised if the price is as written anyway. For me what is much more important is the physical state of the CL, including the EHU.  

As I have already said the CL network is the only reason I stay with the caravan club.  

TF

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook