CL Information

JohnM20 replied on 30/06/2017 10:02

Posted on 30/06/2017 10:02

Does anyone check the information relating to any specific CL? We are at a lovely CL in Norfolk which states in the club handbook that there are shops within 1 mile - no there aren't. It also states that there is a pub within 1 mile- no there isn't. Similarly for public transport. It also shows that there is free wifi but this doesn't seem to be the case. I can only find BT Fon available at £5.00 per hour.

These errors don't affect me greatly (although it seems near on impossible to go out for an evening meal at a pub without doing a round trip of 20 miles), but for others this incorrect information could be very inconvenient. Don't the club inspectors check this sort of detail?

Also, there are two others CLs just up the road but I cannot find either of them on the site map or in the handbook. I'm sure neither of them are new.

obbernockle replied on 30/06/2017 15:24

Posted on 30/06/2017 15:24

You're on the wrong site? Have you asked the owner?

moulesy replied on 30/06/2017 15:51

Posted on 30/06/2017 15:51

Give us a clue, John. What's the name of the CL you're on? There's bound to be someone on here who knows, or has visited, the area and can answer your questions. smile

paul56 replied on 01/07/2017 16:58

Posted on 30/06/2017 15:24 by obbernockle

You're on the wrong site? Have you asked the owner?

Posted on 01/07/2017 16:58

Could be so!

Last year in Somerset we exited the M5 and my wife was reading the blurb on getting to the CL. We arrived but were told they were full and didn't have a booking in our name - someone had only read the instructions for the CL below the one we had booked! Mind you the instructions were good and took us straight there!

gibbo456 replied on 02/07/2017 17:30

Posted on 02/07/2017 17:30

We are all dying to know where you are every CL in Norfolk is on alert!!!

Oneputt replied on 02/07/2017 17:42

Posted on 02/07/2017 17:42

I live in Norfolk and I don't know anywhere where you have to drive 20 mile (return) for a night out.  As ON suggests ask the owner, perhaps the info hasn't been updated for years.  Putting a name to the CL would help.

JohnM20 replied on 03/07/2017 09:09

Posted on 03/07/2017 09:09

We're now back from our holiday. The CL in question is Old Bridge Farm near North Walsham.  It is a really lovely CL and we would certainly go back. And, yes, it was the right CL, our name and pitch number were on the 'welcome' board. Unfortunately, the owners are out at work all day and so are not readily available to ask their advice. However, when we did eventually meet them on the day before we left they were lovely people and apologised that they had not been able to meet us earlier.

Earlier in the week a chap came to cut the grass and we asked him about a decent pub. His response was "Not one in North Walsham! The nearest one is three miles away and off the beaten track", so not one that would easily be seen during our days out. This was three miles away. The nearest shop is a new Waitrose that is two miles away.

My point is that incorrect information, for any CL and whoever is to blame for it, could be a major problem for some people, particularly MH owners unless they had another form of transport. Surely, the CC inspector visiting the site would recognise the remoteness and realise that shops, pubs and public transport were certainly not within 1 mile, (whoever had stated that they were).

JohnM20 replied on 03/07/2017 09:09

Posted on 03/07/2017 09:09

We're now back from our holiday. The CL in question is Old Bridge Farm near North Walsham.  It is a really lovely CL and we would certainly go back. And, yes, it was the right CL, our name and pitch number were on the 'welcome' board. Unfortunately, the owners are out at work all day and so are not readily available to ask their advice. However, when we did eventually meet them on the day before we left they were lovely people and apologised that they had not been able to meet us earlier.

Earlier in the week a chap came to cut the grass and we asked him about a decent pub. His response was "Not one in North Walsham! The nearest one is three miles away and off the beaten track", so not one that would easily be seen during our days out. This was three miles away. The nearest shop is a new Waitrose that is two miles away.

My point is that incorrect information, for any CL and whoever is to blame for it, could be a major problem for some people, particularly MH owners unless they had another form of transport. Surely, the CC inspector visiting the site would recognise the remoteness and realise that shops, pubs and public transport were certainly not within 1 mile, (whoever had stated that they were).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook