CL in vicinity of Troutbeck Head site

TomSue replied on 25/08/2019 22:49

Posted on 25/08/2019 22:49

Could anyone recommend a good CL somewhere near the Troutbeck Head club site, or somewhere near Penrith or Keswick? We love that area & really like Troutbeck head, but that is quite expensive for two now, even out of main season. Ideally we’d like a CL with a shower facility. I know we can look online, but thought if there were any that members recommend it would be very helpful.

thebells replied on 26/08/2019 14:08

Posted on 26/08/2019 14:08

I can recommend Riverside cl at Hesket Newmarket not too far from Penrith. Fab facilties and beautiful location.

If you can do without a shower, I'd recommend Town End Cottage at Laithes, which is 10 minutes drive from Penrith. It does have a toilet but the main attraction is the huge site itself in a peaceful and pretty location:it's a great base for getting out and seeing more of the Lakes.

My third recommendation is Wallthwaite near Keswick: this one doesn't have showers or toilets but has one of the best views (of Blencathra) we've ever had. If you are able to use your own facilities you will not regret staying there 😊

Alternatively there's Threlkeld Hall just along the road from Wallthwaite: a 16 pitch commercial site with great facilities.

TomSue replied on 26/08/2019 18:19

Posted on 26/08/2019 18:19

Thank you eurotraveller & thebells for your recommendations. I'm sure one of these will be more than fine.

nelliethehooker replied on 26/08/2019 20:22

Posted on 26/08/2019 20:22

Throstle Hall, at Caldbeck, which has H/S and a toilet and good shower. We've just spent 4 nights there and can recommend it. Nice and quiet  and good value at £15 pn too.

cyberyacht replied on 27/08/2019 08:21

Posted on 27/08/2019 08:21

Some years since I was there but Moss Thorn, about 3 miles W of Penrith on B5288 is good. Good for an overnight if breaking a journey, as well.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook