CL - A survey.....update?

nelliethehooker replied on 05/03/2019 20:17

Posted on 05/03/2019 20:17

A survey of CC members was supposedly carried out during early September of last year by a CL owner, and the results were to be posted on here, CT. Nothing appears to have happened! Was this purely a marketing exercise with the results not matching the thoughts/ideals of the instigator, or is there another explanation

Tinwheeler replied on 06/03/2019 09:21

Posted on 06/03/2019 09:21

Ah, yes, I remember. Wasn’t it biased towards providing more facilities at higher costs?

Tinwheeler replied on 06/03/2019 10:59

Posted on 06/03/2019 10:59

Then……silence.

It’s difficult to take these things seriously when they’re handled in such a half hearted way. 

harryb replied on 06/03/2019 15:28

Posted on 06/03/2019 15:28

31st Aug. Posted by Cholsey Grange wanting members to help out cl owners who are members of the Cl Owners Group. It did say results would be notified.

Maybe the didn't like some of the replies so forgot about it.

nelliethehooker replied on 06/03/2019 19:25

Posted on 06/03/2019 15:28 by harryb

31st Aug. Posted by Cholsey Grange wanting members to help out cl owners who are members of the Cl Owners Group. It did say results would be notified.

Maybe the didn't like some of the replies so forgot about it.

Posted on 06/03/2019 19:25

That's what I was wondering too. harryb.

Wherenext replied on 06/03/2019 19:40

Posted on 06/03/2019 19:40

It's like every survey, Nellie. Nothing is ever heard again.

Results for those taking part in the survey on parking spaces at Service Stations? Nothing! Build Quality survey? Same thing.

If they are not careful members will become disillusioned with survey requests.

harryb replied on 06/03/2019 21:26

Posted on 06/03/2019 21:26

Perhaps those  cl owners on here who are part of the cl owners private group could give some kind of explanation. 

CholseyGrange replied on 07/03/2019 08:19

Posted on 07/03/2019 08:19

A survey was indeed carried out last September on behalf of the CL Owners self-support group.  Over 900 CL visitors responded.

I agreed to share these results both with the Club and with the participants in due course.

As you may know, I was a 'Nominated Member' of Club Council with the specific remit to represent both CL Visitors and CL Owners.  However, late last year I was deselected.

In place of my representation of CLs via Club Council, the club offered in September 2018 to set up an Advisory Group of CL owners. 

I welcome this initiative as I believe the Club need all the advice it can get to arrest the decline in the number of CL sites and learn from CL owners the issues they face.

I felt that the proposed Advisory Group would be a good place to review the survey results, hence the delay. 

Rather than having a face-to-face Advisory group meeting (as I hoped), the club is now suggesting an on-line forum.  The forum has not yet been opened, although I am told it is testing phase.

Meantime, you are welcome to interpret the survey results as you wish.  And I'm sure you will :)   

Click this link to access the results document.

Tinwheeler replied on 07/03/2019 08:38

Posted on 07/03/2019 08:38

A forum! Good luck with that one😕.

i understand the rules actually prohibit you from being a Council Member, Ted, so the advisory group is the way forward. 

I shall peruse the survey results now but it would have been nice to have been kept in the loop without prompting. 

CholseyGrange replied on 07/03/2019 09:27

Posted on 07/03/2019 08:38 by Tinwheeler

A forum! Good luck with that one😕.

i understand the rules actually prohibit you from being a Council Member, Ted, so the advisory group is the way forward. 

I shall peruse the survey results now but it would have been nice to have been kept in the loop without prompting. 

Posted on 07/03/2019 09:27

Regarding the 'rules', in case someone thinks I 'broke' them, that was not the case.  What happened was that the Club chose to interpret the rule differently.   

I was invited onto the Council four years ago in full knowledge that I was a CL owner.  In fact, at the time the Club actively wanted a CL owner on the Council. 

However, in 2018 the club chose to interpret the Bye Law to exclude CL owners on the grounds of 'material interest'.

Club Bye Law: 2.3 A person who is materially interested, directly or indirectly, in the caravan trade is not excluded from being a member but is not eligible for any Executive Position or for membership of the Club Council. The Executive Committee is the sole arbiter of what constitutes a material interest in the trade for the purposes of this Bye-Law. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook