Cheddar Gorge/Cotswold

madhouse4 replied on 26/11/2016 18:16

Posted on 26/11/2016 18:16

Hi has anyone any reccomendations for a cl within both driving distance of cheddar gorge and the lower parts of the cotwolds? My wife does insist on a shower! and we've also 2 children

Tinwheeler replied on 26/11/2016 18:37

Posted on 26/11/2016 18:37

There are loads of CLs and commercial sites around the Highbridge/Burnham/Brean area of Somerset. I can't recommend any in particular but check them out. 

That area is close to Cheddar but remember to allow for heavy traffic on the motorways around Bristol if you intend travelling to the Cotswolds from there. Personally, I'd stop again closer to the places you want to visit in the Cotswolds. 

nelliethehooker replied on 26/11/2016 20:53

Posted on 26/11/2016 20:53

For the south end of the Cotwolds I'd suggest Butny Ash Fm, Minchinghampton near Stroud, which has a super toilet block for a CL. However it's a fair way from Chedder, but it depends how far you're willing to travel to get there.

madhouse4 replied on 26/11/2016 21:17

Posted on 26/11/2016 21:17

It looks a good idea, thanks, wondering if we'd be better with 3 nights near cheddar gorge and then onto there, any thoughts on cheddar area please

moulesy replied on 26/11/2016 21:24

Posted on 26/11/2016 21:24

There is (or used to be) a CL right opposite the CC site in Cheddar itself. Can't vouch for it as we've never used it yourself. If you're a C&CC member as well, their site at Priddy is great - out in the countryside but just a short drive to Cheddar itself ( which is incredibly touristy). Very friendly owners, full facilities, fresh bread/croissants baked on site every morning! Happy

nelliethehooker replied on 26/11/2016 21:27

Posted on 26/11/2016 21:27

That's the way I'd go, but I don't know of any CLs in the Cheddar Area. I can recommend the C&CC Site though, if you're a member. There is a CL in the book, No1463, Uplands Cottage, Winscombe that listed as being 4.7ml NW of Cheddar that has toilet & shower, but is fairly expensive.

Trini replied on 13/12/2016 10:21

Posted on 13/12/2016 10:21

Madhouse, we are going to Cheddar next July and I looked at the CC site and read the directions which warned not to turn into a site next to theirs. So I looked at the other site (Cheddar Bridge") which is Adults only with great reviews and same facilities as CC.

Cheddar Bridge is charging £22 a night for July with hardstanding/EHU which is cheaper than CC site.

Also there is a CL with hookups a few yards from the CC site Witheridge Farm.

All 3 are very close to the town etc

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook