Cesspit size Urgent advice required please.

Rustiy replied on 12/10/2020 08:24

Posted on 12/10/2020 08:24

Greetings folks

We will be opening next March for 6/7 months of the year.  We are thinking of getting a 3,800L cesspool tank as previously advised.  Is this big enough to empty once a year? Or at the end of the season??

Please let me know your experience on this and advice, urgently. As we have to order the tank soon.

Thank you all in advance.

Pam & Paul

SwallowBeckCL.co.uk 

@swallow_beck - twitter

JillwithaJay replied on 12/10/2020 08:53

Posted on 12/10/2020 08:53

Morning Pam and Paul and thanks for your post.

This forum is more for members rather than staff so, can I recommend that you contact the club's Certificated Location Section (CL Maddie is the staff member who generally posts on this forum but a direct call would probably be best) as they'll be able to give you best advice.  

There's also a CL Owners Facebook Group which you might consider applying to join.

CLMaddie replied on 12/10/2020 10:01

Posted on 12/10/2020 10:01

Hi Pam and Paul,

I have passed your message on to your administrator and someone will be in contact with you regarding your question. 

Thanks

Maddie

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 12/10/2020 22:48

Posted on 12/10/2020 22:48

Whatever advice you get, I suggest that you go for a bigger tank in order to future-proof yourselves.  In our experience, COVID-19 has changed the way that Club members are using CLs:

• We are busier than ever before.
  • Guests are spending more time on-site, rather than using our CL as a base for days-out.  This means more eating (and drinking!) on site and 'what goes in must come out'...

In effect, we are emptying our tank nearly 3 times as often as before.

All the Best,

Ian Kelly
01691 622951
Holiday@BirchHill.co.uk

Birch Hill, The Cross, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 0LP
www.BirchHill.co.uk

Birch Hill Farm - an award-winning hideaway in the beautiful lake-lands of Shropshire for members of the Caravan and Motorhome Club

If non-caravanning friends wish to join you, please see our new Glamping Pods - www.ArchersMeadow.co.uk

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook