C L Listing

Pageantpete07 replied on 19/03/2019 12:46

Posted on 19/03/2019 12:46

I have just received the April addition of the Camping& caravan magazine in it was a Mini Guide to Certfificated  Sites. a glossy booklet listing  C L`s with details and photographs of the sites ,not all sites are listed from the many that the club has, but as stated it will inspire members to use the network. What a good idea .Perhaps the C&MC could do the same it would certainly be helpful.  

`

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 19/03/2019 22:29

Posted on 19/03/2019 12:46 by Pageantpete07

I have just received the April addition of the Camping& caravan magazine in it was a Mini Guide to Certfificated  Sites. a glossy booklet listing  C L`s with details and photographs of the sites ,not all sites are listed from the many that the club has, but as stated it will inspire members to use the network. What a good idea .Perhaps the C&MC could do the same it would certainly be helpful.  

`

Posted on 19/03/2019 22:29

I can confirm that the CAMC has offered the CL Owners an opportunity to pay to advertise in a proposed new CL advertising section of the Club Magazine.  The proposal is 'text-only', in the style of a classified 'small ad' (not dissimilar to the Sites Directory), and does not include photographs.

The CAMC proposal is a flat-rate advertising fee, plus additional costs if the advert includes 'Feature symbols', e.g. Fully Serviced Pitch, Alternative Accommodation, Storage Pitches Available, Café/Restaurant.

In a straw-poll of CL Owners, relatively few said that they would take-up the offer, and the four CL Owners who said that they welcomed the opportunity to pay, include CL Owners who see it as a cheap way to advertise more lucrative businesses which were run alongside their CLs such as glamping, B&B etc.

Ian

Takethedogalong replied on 19/03/2019 22:55

Posted on 19/03/2019 22:55

I think most members barely glance at most of Magazine unless they are particularly interested in a featured article. I opted out of receiving it last year, and haven’t missed it one bit. A recommendation from a like minded member is by far the main way we choose CLs nowadays, that and doing some careful research. We do tend to keep going back to old favourites as well, mainly because we enjoy what’s in the area. We try and widen our usage each year though as well. We stayed at one up on Borders last year, fabulous. We were home a week then booked their fantastic holiday cottage for another fortnight with family it was so nice. Just looking at two new to us CLs at the moment, one we have seen, another comes highly recommended. Not too far from home this time.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook