Beech Farm CL Chester

Francis replied on 23/06/2020 13:30

Posted on 23/06/2020 13:30

Hi all

Has anyone been to the CL mentioned above we have been looking for something in this area and this one looks really nice. It does get excellent reviews but the latest one I can find was from a couple of years ago just wondering if anyone has been and what it was like.

Many Thanks 

Wherenext replied on 23/06/2020 15:04

Posted on 23/06/2020 15:04

Haven't been Francis but we have passed it on a couple of occasions in the last 6 months and it still looked good then. Last time was in February.

It's a bit close to where we are, about 15 miles or so, but we have been thinking of using a local CL for the first trip away sometime towards the end of July and this one was on the list. If you do go then try the Hornsmill pub towards Helsby. You'll probably leave the M56 at the Chester Services roundabout, turning left towards Helsby and turning right at some traffic lights to take you on the road to the CL , a few miles down the road. The pub is just past those traffic lights. Good food and a decent pint if they open to serving food that is.

KjellNN replied on 23/06/2020 15:05

Posted on 23/06/2020 15:05

Not stayed there, but it does look nice.  The latest review is from July 2019, so not that  far back.

We used Thornleigh, the last one on the Chester list, and it was also good, but may not be the right side of town for you.

Francis replied on 23/06/2020 15:40

Posted on 23/06/2020 15:40

Thank you both for the reply’s. It does look really nice I have messaged them an enquiry with some dates to see if they have availability but it’s for next month so may be too short notice but we shall see.

Wherenext replied on 23/06/2020 16:40

Posted on 23/06/2020 16:40

The pubs probably won't be serving food. I was a bit reluctant to mention the Shrewsbury Arms, which is pretty close to the CL as I did hear that they may not be re-opening but it seems that it will in fact do so. A few years since I've been in though. They used to change the beers regularly.

Plenty to do in the area Francis. Good luck.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/06/2020 19:27

Posted on 23/06/2020 19:27

Francis, we've used both Digby Farm, and Belle Vue and prefer the latter, although one can hear traffic noise from both but not that much. You can cycle into Chester from Belle Vue with most of it on an old railway line. We've walked it but it is a fair distance. The Bird in Hand in Guilden Sutton is within walking distance and the meals look good, although we've never tried them. The site has H/ S and a toilet but no shower, where as Digby Fm has all 3, and is easier for buses into Chester, and there's a large retail park within walking distance.

Wherenext replied on 23/06/2020 19:58

Posted on 23/06/2020 19:58

Before lockdown the Bird in the Hand had irregular opening days, I think they were closed early week and then later in the week from early evening only. Don't know what their news hours will be so worth checking if you are interested.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook