Are Dandy Trailer tents welcome at CLs?

innutum replied on 23/03/2021 16:34

Posted on 23/03/2021 16:34

My wife and I plan to retire soon- we have a (fondly loved) Dandy trailer tent and have always liked the clubs lovely selection of CLs. If we join the club, can we stay on all the CLs? and do Caravan owners resent trailer tents on these sites? 

Your views would be welcomed.

Vulcan replied on 01/04/2021 18:07

Posted on 01/04/2021 18:07

Your Trailer tTent will be welcome on Cub Sites and CL's as outlined Here and below

Who can stay on a CL?

Club members benefit from exclusive access to the CL network. It’s easy to join online so you’re only a few clicks away from being able to stay on these privately run sites.

CLs are set up to accommodate up to five caravans, motorhomes or trailer-tents at one time.

nelliethehooker replied on 01/04/2021 18:28

Posted on 01/04/2021 18:28

It could be worth asking the  CL owner if you try booking by phone or e-mail asking if they accept trailer tents, just to be on the safe side. I presume that you will either booking a CL with toilet facilities or using a toilet tent.

JVB66 replied on 01/04/2021 18:36

Posted on 01/04/2021 18:36

You should have no problems staying on cls/club sites with your trailer tentwink 

The Community Manager who oversees club together has one that she and family usecool

Wherenext replied on 01/04/2021 20:58

Posted on 01/04/2021 20:58

Anyone who resents one can leave the CAMC club as far as I'm concerned but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find one or two who will resent seeing one. 

I always tend to the view that the people I meet on site are friendly until they disprove it.

ocsid replied on 03/04/2021 06:56

Posted on 03/04/2021 06:56

As with any similar club you will get the "odd" members that have issues with others having a unit that they perceive as something lesser that theirs, but even greater resentment with something evidently "better".

And they are "odd", they are in my experience rare and the real problem is theirs not yours.

By the way, we have very fond memories of our times with a Dandy, I can't recall  ever feeling unwelcome on 5 van sites. In some ways I wish we kept it, and believe with the environmental strictures coming in on our cars, and the tiny plots with new build houses, things of its type will come back into wider favour.

DavidKlyne replied on 03/04/2021 09:26

Posted on 03/04/2021 09:26

I can't imagine that having a trailer tent on site would cause any resentment. It might cause some curiosity as the are pretty rare on CMC sites in my experience. Can't speak for CL's as I don't use enough of them but I think the same would apply.

David

ocsid replied on 03/04/2021 10:33

Posted on 03/04/2021 09:26 by DavidKlyne

I can't imagine that having a trailer tent on site would cause any resentment. It might cause some curiosity as the are pretty rare on CMC sites in my experience. Can't speak for CL's as I don't use enough of them but I think the same would apply.

David

Posted on 03/04/2021 10:33

They are now a rarity full stop, though possibly less so on C&CC sites, 5 van sites and their rallies simply because they are a progression from tenting. Whereas the CAMC clientele is probably more focused on those who have not moved into caravanning and motorhoming via earlier tenting? Its very title suggesting a more natural home for those activities. 

As stated earlier there are IMO growing pressures for the ilk of what we know as trailer tents to gain in popularity, again, as we move forward we simply will not have so available kit to, lug big vans and have so big MHs. They will need a much cooler image and name, but actually be little different, a very light compact box that readily expands, only when needed.

brue replied on 03/04/2021 10:43

Posted on 03/04/2021 10:43

I ended up in hospital admiring a lovely modern trailer tent at an exhibition, I tripped over the high tensile guy ropes on the canopy as I called my daughter over to have a look! wink

They hold their secondhand value well, a clever compromise between vans and tents. We see a lot on C&CC sites less with CAMC.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook