A Map of New (and closed) CL's since directory

CholseyGrange replied on 17/11/2017 16:16

Posted on 17/11/2017 16:16

If you'd like to see which CL's have been opened (and closed) since the last Guide & Directory was published, I have produced a Google Map based on the information published in the recent 2018 UK Site Price Guide & update which you can find here.

On the map you can toggle the New / Closed CL's.   

Click on a Green Caravan to show a new CL's name, post code, town and phone number.

Red Crosses indicate a CL that has been closed.

susanb replied on 17/11/2017 17:03

Posted on 17/11/2017 17:03

That's brilliant, what a great idea and an asset to the C L section. Surely needs to be a sticky?

Susan.

eurortraveller replied on 17/11/2017 19:19

Posted on 17/11/2017 19:19

But are they closed?  I was looking on line today at a site near Salisbury - used to be a CL and now cheerfully open as an independent site with 20 pitches. 

nelliethehooker replied on 17/11/2017 20:37

Posted on 17/11/2017 20:37

There's also at least 13 other Cls that have closed and are not included in the Supplement, CG. Do you want the Site Directory numbers of them?

CholseyGrange replied on 18/11/2017 08:57

Posted on 17/11/2017 20:37 by nelliethehooker

There's also at least 13 other Cls that have closed and are not included in the Supplement, CG. Do you want the Site Directory numbers of them?

Posted on 18/11/2017 08:57

If you'd like me to add other closed CL's or for that matter new ones that have been added very recently and missed the 'Supplement' I would like them on a spreadsheet. Any CSV format will work.

For closed ones I just need the name of the CL and the correct post code.  For new ones, I need the name, post code, town and phone number. 

Unfortunately, I don't have the time over the next few weeks to do this myself.  Please contact me via tedhj@btinternet.com   Thanks.

CholseyGrange replied on 18/11/2017 09:01

Posted on 17/11/2017 17:03 by susanb

That's brilliant, what a great idea and an asset to the C L section. Surely needs to be a sticky?

Susan.

Posted on 18/11/2017 09:01

Yes, I think it might be an idea to make this a sticky.  I have updated the map already, as I managed to miss a few off in the first version.  This has now been corrected and the map should now reflect the document correctly.

It does not take long (about 15 minutes) to create this - if you have the data to hand in a sensible format - so I would have thought that the Club (CLMaddie?) could do this on a regular basis?

nelliethehooker replied on 18/11/2017 20:53

Posted on 18/11/2017 08:57 by CholseyGrange

If you'd like me to add other closed CL's or for that matter new ones that have been added very recently and missed the 'Supplement' I would like them on a spreadsheet. Any CSV format will work.

For closed ones I just need the name of the CL and the correct post code.  For new ones, I need the name, post code, town and phone number. 

Unfortunately, I don't have the time over the next few weeks to do this myself.  Please contact me via tedhj@btinternet.com   Thanks.

Posted on 18/11/2017 20:53

You've lost me with CSV format, whatever that is. I will just list them in county order with CL name, post code and the site directory Ref No. if that would be sufficient. I've not yet had a chance to check the if there are any new ones missed off the supplement list.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook