2024 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 12/02/2024 17:56

Posted on 12/02/2024 17:56

Hi All,

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month in 2024.

All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'. We now have a dedicated page on the website which will show the most recently opened CL sites and will be updated monthly.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you.

Thanks Maddie

Hja replied on 19/07/2024 16:44

Posted on 19/07/2024 14:15 by Freddy55

A concerning trend.

Posted on 19/07/2024 16:44

It is indeed. It would nice to see the analysis we used to get for closure reasons. I wonder if some are now independent sites with more pitches.

nelliethehooker replied on 19/07/2024 21:50

Posted on 19/07/2024 16:44 by Hja

It is indeed. It would nice to see the analysis we used to get for closure reasons. I wonder if some are now independent sites with more pitches.

Posted on 19/07/2024 21:50

You can of course check for yourself, Hja, by looking on line at the site names.

It is certainly a worrying trend, as is the high price being asked by some for non-EHU pitches.

Takethedogalong replied on 20/07/2024 11:38

Posted on 20/07/2024 11:38

This is indeed grim reading for CL users like ourselves. Hoping a few will still be on the camping circuit under a different guise. 

Wherenext replied on 22/07/2024 16:26

Posted on 22/07/2024 16:26

Hi John

2 of the recent new CLs are serviced or  enhanced 

Shamrock - Malton, North Yorkshire

Field of Dreams - Beccles, Suffolk

I think there is only 1 to be deleted but my eyes started to glaze over after a while due to the number of leavers.

Daddlington House Farm - Hinckley, Leicestershire (827 in S.D.)

Cheers.

Johnny57 replied on 22/07/2024 16:59

Posted on 22/07/2024 16:26 by Wherenext

Hi John

2 of the recent new CLs are serviced or  enhanced 

Shamrock - Malton, North Yorkshire

Field of Dreams - Beccles, Suffolk

I think there is only 1 to be deleted but my eyes started to glaze over after a while due to the number of leavers.

Daddlington House Farm - Hinckley, Leicestershire (827 in S.D.)

Cheers.

Posted on 22/07/2024 16:59

Updated 

CholseyGrange replied on 23/07/2024 08:36

Posted on 23/07/2024 08:36

It is interesting to note that of the 87 sites (by my count) that have closed this year, only 3 were members of the CL Owners Group.

The CL Owners Group is a self-support group for CL owners that is free to join for any CAMC Certificated Location.  It currently has 576 members and they benefit from an occasional newsletter, access to advice and support from fellow CL Owners, an active Facebook Group and (during the winter months) a series of monthly Zoom (online) calls where we discuss issues such as marketing, photography, booking systems etc.

If you - as members - come across a CL that you feel might benefit from (free) support then do please encourage the owners to take a look at the Owners Group website and apply to join.

https://www.clsiteowners.co.uk/

nelliethehooker replied on 26/07/2024 19:44

Posted on 19/07/2024 16:44 by Hja

Posted on 26/07/2024 19:44

Hja, I have gone through the list of closed CLs and there are few that appear to now be open as independent sites. 

Bathafan, Ruthin; Roston Inn, Ashbourne; Cottington Lakes, Deal have their own websites and it looks as if they are still operating. Manor Bungalow, Skegness also has a web site but it is difficult to decide if they are still running a caravan site. 

Neverend Farm Barns may now just be Holiday Cabins as there is a planning application from 2022 for them.

Maddie, The Crosby Village Inn, Nothallerton, N Yorks, is still showing as being open on it's CC web page!!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook