2023 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 20/01/2023 11:57

Posted on 20/01/2023 11:57

Hi All,

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month in 2023 (and December 2022)

All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'. We now have a dedicated page on the website which will show the most recently opened CL sites and will be updated monthly.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you.

Thanks Maddie

DaveCyn replied on 06/01/2024 10:04

Posted on 06/01/2024 08:50 by cyberyacht

Whilst I am a firm believer in the "labourer being worthy of his hire", I am surprised at the prices being quoted by some new CLs. I realise that overheads need to be covered but the gap between CLs and Club sites has narrowed substantially. I still have a mental target of £10-£15. Have I forgotten that penny buns no longer cost a penny?

Posted on 06/01/2024 10:04

Totally with you on this Cy.

Just been looking at our initial plans for the year and at the moment our most expensive site is £20 a night on a commercial with cafe, bar etc.

The dearest CL we're booked on is £8.50 a night.

Also read on another forum how some CL owners were being encouraged to raise their prices. No 1st hand experience so admittedly it's hearsay!

Hja replied on 06/01/2024 10:06

Whilst I am a firm believer in the "labourer being worthy of his hire", I am surprised at the prices being quoted by some new CLs. I realise that overheads need to be covered but the gap between CLs and Club sites has narrowed substantially. I still have a mental target of £10-£15. Have I forgotten that penny buns no longer cost a penny?

Posted on 06/01/2024 10:06

Some do seem very expensive. I appreciate new sites have more initial overheads and construction cost to cover than established sites. I also know that many of the cheaper sites are probably not breaking even let alone making a profit. But I still won’t pay £30 for a CL 

Takethedogalong replied on 06/01/2024 14:48

Posted on 06/01/2024 14:48

CY, we rejoined C&CC last year, for CS sites. Because the sites allow tents, most provide loos, and many have full facility blocks. We found two crackers, £15 per night with clean, decent showers, pot washing, one with a laundry as well. If you wanted to, you wanted to, you could go without a hook up, which kept the price at £15. Excellent value, and no issues with excessive gas usage in Summer. CS’s do seem cheaper than many CLs. 

nelliethehooker replied on 06/01/2024 19:54

Posted on 06/01/2024 19:54

CS’s do seem cheaper than many CLs

I think that is the case where one can choose whether or not to use EHU, but in many instances the "all in" price on CSs is greater than the equivalent CL, and it has been like that for a long time.

Edit.

Sorry Maddie that this discussion isn't purely as requested in your OP, but it is the way with forum and is relevant to the prices that new CLs are now charging.

Wherenext replied on 07/01/2024 21:43

Posted on 21/12/2023 20:04 by nelliethehooker

Thanks, Maddie. Not had time to do a full check but did notice that Fair Acre CARAVANS, Norwich state that they only take motorhomes yet their photos show the site with caravans on it!!  Could you please check if there is a mistake in their information?

Posted on 07/01/2024 21:43

Nellie I think the answer is that those caravans that are shown in the photos are Hired out for holidays. I "googled" Fair Acre Caravans and they're described as Apartments.

Which begs the question of what the heck are they doing being appointed as a CL? Do Motorhomers have to share the same space? Are these caravans on a different field, if so why are they shown?

Maybe time to report this post to Maddie to see if she can finally give us an answer.

nelliethehooker replied on 08/01/2024 20:35

Posted on 07/01/2024 21:43 by Wherenext

Nellie I think the answer is that those caravans that are shown in the photos are Hired out for holidays. I "googled" Fair Acre Caravans and they're described as Apartments.

Which begs the question of what the heck are they doing being appointed as a CL? Do Motorhomers have to share the same space? Are these caravans on a different field, if so why are they shown?

Maybe time to report this post to Maddie to see if she can finally give us an answer.

Posted on 08/01/2024 20:35

Reported as asked.

CLMaddie replied on 12/02/2024 17:37

Posted on 12/02/2024 17:37

Hi All

The please see below a list of sites which opened and closed in December

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL site. 

Sites with a * next to the CL name were previous sites that closed and have now decided to reopen as a CL.

Sites opened in December

Sites Closed in December

• East Riding of Yorkshire - Bridlington - Rectory Farm
  • Monmouthshire - Abergavenny - Goytre Wharf CL
  • Surrey - Guildford Whipley - Manor Farm

Thanks

Maddie

CLMaddie replied on 13/02/2024 11:24

Posted on 21/12/2023 20:04 by nelliethehooker

Thanks, Maddie. Not had time to do a full check but did notice that Fair Acre CARAVANS, Norwich state that they only take motorhomes yet their photos show the site with caravans on it!!  Could you please check if there is a mistake in their information?

Posted on 13/02/2024 11:24

Hi Nellie

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this one, it took some time to get the new photographs updated. The site name has also changed to Fair Acre Motorhomes now. 

Thanks

Maddie

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook