2019 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 30/01/2019 12:09

Posted on 30/01/2019 12:09

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

The January List will be posted in February. 

Thanks

Maddie

brue replied on 19/05/2019 15:51

Posted on 19/05/2019 15:51

I'm pleased to see a new CL, especially in Pershore which is a nice place to visit. A pity there are restrictions at present but maybe they'll change if the take up is lower than expected? However I also expect many will enjoy serviced pitches and easy access to the town and college facilities. Sounds good to me. smile

Takethedogalong replied on 19/05/2019 16:33

Posted on 19/05/2019 16:33

There’s a rather nice thank you to the owners of the nearby CL of the year on the new Pershore CL website. Of the two, we would opt for the CL of the year, it’s almost half the price.

We have friends in Cornwall who own a CL. Brother of owner also owns a CL but wasn’t getting anything like the pitch take up, despite the CL being in an equally nice location. In the course of conversation, we suggested it might be because the brother had applied a certain restriction. We checked the next year and doing away with the restriction had increased take up significantly. 

As a customer who uses a lot of single night stays, the fact that a website states two or three night minimums wouldn’t put us off enquiring. We learned long ago that most restrictions can be negotiated if the cash is jangled loudly enough. But equally, we are polite if folks don’t want to compromise, and just move on somewhere else.

CholseyGrange replied on 25/05/2019 21:54

Posted on 25/05/2019 21:54

Good to see 17 new CLs on the network and only 6 closures in the June issue of the Magazine. The average price is £15.

The highest price was £20 and lowest £8. Staff at HQ must have been working hard over the past few months to get this many new CLs going.

There are now 2,221 CLs on the network according to the website.

If you haven't yet tried a CL site, perhaps it's time you did. All have water and Chemical disposal, most have EHU, many have hard standing and some even have toilets and showers.

The great thing about new CLs is that they are unlikely to be fully booked, even if they have great facilities. Established CLs, in good locations with the right facilities can get booked up months, even years, ahead. One to try that hasn't even got into the magazine yet is Goodleigh Hill CL.

peedee replied on 26/05/2019 09:33

Posted on 26/05/2019 09:33

As a customer who uses a lot of single night stays, the fact that a website states two or three night minimums wouldn’t put us off enquiring. We learned long ago that most restrictions can be negotiated if the cash is jangled loudly enough. But equally, we are polite if folks don’t want to compromise, and just move on somewhere else.

I agree minimum stays usually only apply to bookings. Just turn up or phone on the day and you might find sites are not full.

peedee

replied on 26/05/2019 09:40

Posted on 25/05/2019 21:54 by CholseyGrange

Good to see 17 new CLs on the network and only 6 closures in the June issue of the Magazine. The average price is £15.

The highest price was £20 and lowest £8. Staff at HQ must have been working hard over the past few months to get this many new CLs going.

There are now 2,221 CLs on the network according to the website.

If you haven't yet tried a CL site, perhaps it's time you did. All have water and Chemical disposal, most have EHU, many have hard standing and some even have toilets and showers.

The great thing about new CLs is that they are unlikely to be fully booked, even if they have great facilities. Established CLs, in good locations with the right facilities can get booked up months, even years, ahead. One to try that hasn't even got into the magazine yet is Goodleigh Hill CL.

Posted on 26/05/2019 09:40

I see that you have edited your avatar Chelsea Grange. Images are flashing so quickly that it is distracting and epilepsy inducing smile

It made it difficult to read the text alongside.

Just a friendly observation

Tinwheeler replied on 26/05/2019 15:11

Posted on 26/05/2019 09:40 by

I see that you have edited your avatar Chelsea Grange. Images are flashing so quickly that it is distracting and epilepsy inducing smile

It made it difficult to read the text alongside.

Just a friendly observation

Posted on 26/05/2019 15:11

Agreed.

Ted, it’s awful. Please do something about it. There should be a warning about flashing images!

CLMaddie replied on 13/06/2019 15:04

Posted on 13/06/2019 15:04

Hi All

The please see below a list of sites which opened and closed in May

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL site. 

Sites opened in MAY

Sites closed in MAY

• Ayrshire - Stewarton - Townend of Shutterflat
  • County Durham - Bishop Auckland - Carrsides Farm
  • Fife - Tayport - The Beeches
  • Highlands - Isle of Skye - Glen Hinnisdal
  • Lincolnshire - Sutton on Sea - Crawcroft
  • Lincolnshire - Caistor - Pelham Arms Farm
  • Lincolnshire - Skegness - Roach Farm Park
  • Norfolk - Norwich - The Old Stracey
  • Norfolk - Fakenham - Greenacres 
  • North Somerset - Weston Super Mare - Home Farm
  • North Yorkshire - Richmond - Browson Bank
  • North Yorkshire - Leyburn - Manor Farm
  • Perthshire & Kinross - Perth - Cromwellpark House
  • West Yorkshire - Otley - Greengates Farm

Thanks

Maddie

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook