2016 Prices

Wherenext replied on 14/03/2016 19:28

Posted on 14/03/2016 19:28

We're now 10 weeks into the New Year and the CLs I've been looking at tonight still do not have this years prices up. I assume the CC are responsible for updating these so when are we likely to see the published?

I know that one should always check with the owner but it would still be nice to see it in black and white.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/03/2016 20:51

Posted on 14/03/2016 20:51

WN, I wonder if it is like this because many of the CL owners have not notified the CC of their price increases. Even when the price is shown as for 2016 it need be the price that the owner will charge, as we have found out!!

InaD replied on 15/03/2016 08:08

Posted on 15/03/2016 08:08

I've booked 3 CLs in Lincs for April; each one had the correct prices displayed when I checked on booking them.  However, none of the 3 had the year in the info, just the months, but all were correct.  Yet I have seen some (can't remember which though!), who had both 2015 and 2016 in their info.

Also booked a CS from the C&CC, that I DID have to check as C&CC don't display exact prices for their CLs, only a "guide" price and that's for 2 adults and 2 children.  I find the CC system much better as you have a more accurate idea of price, but yes, it still needs to be checked.

Oh, and the CS was the more expensive of the 4!

CholseyGrange replied on 15/03/2016 08:55

Posted on 15/03/2016 08:55

As a CL Owner I can tell you that we are reminded to update our details with the Club on an annual basis and particularly for the Handbook.  However, the process right now is somewhat laborious and changes notified to the Club have to be manually uploaded onto their systems.  We are promised that with new systems (in the works) us CL owners will be allowed to maintain the information on our own CL's and hence have more control (and responsibility) for keeping the information up to date.  However, not all CL owners are web-savvy so even when the new system is implemented I'd imagine HQ will need to help those who are not web-savvy and manually update a significant number of records.   As for us, we have found that an Online Booking system is a huge help, niot just to us, but to our visitors who can immediately see availability, book their pitch and receive automated confirmations and reminders etc.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/03/2016 09:02

Posted on 15/03/2016 09:02

We never expect CL prices to be as stated in book or on website, mainly because they carry the rider "price from". Some have a really good website that will give up to date information, mainly I suspect because the owners keep the website up to date. Once the first year of the handbook is up, prices become even more of a mystery, and it isn't uncommon for prices to be 50p, £1, maybe £1.50 more than stated. Then you get the seasonal variances, where Ehu costs may be more. We can cope with this, mainly because we always phone to discuss with owners prior to booking.

The one's that annoy us are where CL owner hasn't bothered to contact CC for a number of years, so guide price in book, sometimes on website page, will say £10, then you phone up and are told "oh no, that was from 2012, it's gone up to £14 per night now". That's a huge leap over the expected, and we don't usually stay, having had our plans thwarted! (Not too bad a price for some CLs, just not what is advertised!)

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook