Elddis majestic 195 water pump

ScreenNameE8008767A3 replied on 27/11/2022 19:48

Posted on 27/11/2022 19:48

Hi all

we fill our water tank till full, once on our pitch turn on taps inside our Motorhome to get rid of any air in the pipes with the water pump turned on the water pressure is fine, but the water pump switches on intermittently when all taps are closed, if you open a tap water flows no problem turn Tap off and after 5 minutes/ 10 minutes the pump will make a sound light on the dashboard turns green then 1or 2 seconds sound stops light goes off then maybe 10 minutes later it all starts again, if anyone as any ideas it would be appreciated thanks 

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

replied on 27/11/2022 20:58

Posted on 27/11/2022 20:58

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidKlyne replied on 28/11/2022 09:00

Posted on 27/11/2022 19:48 by ScreenNameE8008767A3

Hi all

we fill our water tank till full, once on our pitch turn on taps inside our Motorhome to get rid of any air in the pipes with the water pump turned on the water pressure is fine, but the water pump switches on intermittently when all taps are closed, if you open a tap water flows no problem turn Tap off and after 5 minutes/ 10 minutes the pump will make a sound light on the dashboard turns green then 1or 2 seconds sound stops light goes off then maybe 10 minutes later it all starts again, if anyone as any ideas it would be appreciated thanks 

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

Posted on 28/11/2022 09:00

It's not unusual for pumps to momentarily re-pressurise themselves occasionally but every five to ten minutes is unusual. As said a good idea to check for any leaks as a first step. It may also depend on the system employed by the manufacturer. Do you know whether you have an external pump or an internal submersible pump? The latter is more prone to losing pressure. A submersible pump will have an, external to tank, pressure switch as illustrated below. It may just need a little adjustment. Your handbook should explain how to do this.

David

peedee replied on 28/11/2022 10:10

Posted on 28/11/2022 10:10

If you do have an external pump and you cannot find any signs of leaks it maybe the pump itself causing the problem. I have had several pumps fail in the motorhomes I have owned some after as little as 5 years use. The Whale pumps I had exhibited exactly the same symptoms as you describe, the internal valve seals fail ether because they are old or have been mistreated. By mistreated I mean the system has been flushed with unsuitable substances causing the rubber seals to harden and they then don't seat properly.

peedee

Kasspa replied on 11/04/2023 20:06

Posted on 11/04/2023 20:06

Despite bleeding/venting system thoroughly after winter, I recently had a problem with air entering the system.

Our system has always 're-pressurised' itself on occasion.

No leaks but I did find that the glass screw in 'in-line mesh filter' was not completely tight, so I took it off, rinsed it out & refitted it.

Problem solved.

So worth a try.

Hth

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook