Pricing/costs

ScreenNameE77BB9433F replied on 29/06/2023 09:39

Posted on 29/06/2023 09:39

Hello every one :o) Hope every one is well ! I have just discovered a Completely unfair and dissimilatory charging system! 

Against camper van / Motor home owners / users ! If you are one of these, you may not realise that you are charge differently to Caravan users !  Example, If you need to take an extra car ( because you cant fit child seats in your van ? You are charged for the extra car !!  BUT ! If you are a caravan user, you can pitch your caravan, with your vehicle ! With your awning ! And another area cordoned off with wind breaks ! (approximately 4 times the area of your camper/motor home! For the "SAME" cost as you in your van ! Seems very Unfair and Discriminatory ! I have now brought this to the attention of some other camper van /motor home users ! Who were completely taken aback and unaware of this ! some of whom had fallen fail of this! ! undecided

Can any one explain ? Why we are charged differently/ unfairly ??

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section

Tinwheeler replied on 29/06/2023 09:46

Posted on 29/06/2023 09:46

Taking one car with a MH/camper an is not an extra and bears no cost. Taking 2 cars with any sort of unit will incur a charge for the second car only.

You seem to have been misinformed. There has been a recent discussion thread on the forum on this very subject with contributions from a serving site warden.

SteveL replied on 29/06/2023 14:20

Posted on 29/06/2023 14:20

I think some of the confusion has a risen because there is now a tick box for extra car, without any definition. Whilst it would seem obvious what an extra car is if you are towing a caravan, perhaps not so if driving a MH where perhaps folk are interpreting it as extra for a car.

What I find surprising is that it is there as an option at all. At most sites there is insufficient room, if you have car / caravan / awning. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook