Lunar Clubman SI

ScreenNameC078A92040 replied on 19/08/2022 11:24

Posted on 19/08/2022 11:24

I have a Lunar Clubman SI purchased in 2017 (May have been 2016 though!). I have found that there is a large crack in the top where the plastic meets the aluminum roof. I reported this to my insurance and they sent an assessor around to take a look. He told me that this is a common problem with the brand as the holes drilled (If they were drilled at all!) were smaller than the screws used to fasten the pieces together. This causes a 'star' crack to happen and then with movement of the caravan can also cause these cracks to travel. My insurance said that they would not pay out as it is 'a manufacturers known issue.' Not sure how to repair or remedy this as there are now 4 places on the front and 3 on the back where these cracks have started to appear. As the caravan is stored at my mother-in-laws home I only found the issue when it caused water to come into the front right hand side of the caravan and stained the ceiling and the front seating area. Not sure whether this can be addressed back to Lunar as i am informed that they are no longer in business!!!

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

DavidRC replied on 20/08/2022 09:05

Posted on 20/08/2022 09:05

I believe that this problem is not restricted to Lunar but can affect other makes as well. Unfortunately since Lunar are no longer trading you will get no help in that direction.

There is a Facebook group to help Lunar owners and you may be able to get more information there - Lunar Caravan Owners Technical Support Group.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook