REPAIRING VENEER ON LOCKER.

ScreenName8623EC8B5D replied on 13/02/2024 14:03

Posted on 13/02/2024 14:03

G'day

Some idiot in our motor home (me !) used sellotape to stick the Rugby World Cuo fixtures on the veneer of an overhead locker.

Of course when I removed the sellotape I removed some of the veneer as well.

Any ideas on how to touch up/repair the damage done?

Cheers.

Paul.

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section (questions should be asked in the discussion area) 

KjellNN replied on 13/02/2024 21:04

Posted on 13/02/2024 21:04

Is it a wood veneer?    

It is possible to buy veneer in sheets or on a roll, but unless it is a large area, that would be overkill, and probably very difficult to get an exact match.

Our daughter has laminate flooring and has a repair kit which consists of wax  sticks that can be mixed to give the exact colour required, and it makes a very good job of small repairs.  

I would be tempted to try something like that.

Google laminate flooring repair kits, see what is on offer.

kalamitty55 replied on 20/02/2024 19:08

Posted on 20/02/2024 19:08

bit arkward without seeing a pic of the damage is it in middle of the panel,  then see if you can get a matching panel from manufactors, or someone like o'leary that buys stock up. if in a corner then you can buy wax sticks but if its brought grain off sounds like a photo grain (wrap) try find someone that wraps does vynl wrapping and see if they can match it. your question is like me asking how to touch my living walls up as i've ripped the paper.

eribaMotters replied on 20/02/2024 21:23

Posted on 20/02/2024 21:23

Without a photo it is difficult to say but I'd be fairly surprised if it is real wood.

Any form of repair will undoubtedly show up, especially as I'm guessing it is at eye level. You can get some very good wax sticks and if a larger repair is needed some excellent self adhesive veneers or vinyl. I would be amazed if applying a sheet on the full locker door would not stand out more than the damage does at present.

I would be thinking the best solution would be to camouflage. Can you apply a gel type label over the area, eg the motorhome manufacturers name, or your rugby teams flag?

Colin

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook