Warning about Motor Mover Supplier.

Roger Hurcombe replied on 08/03/2017 19:04

Posted on 08/03/2017 19:04

Hi everyone.

Just a warning for anyone thinking of having a motor mover fitted to there outfit.

I contacted a company called NVS UK L.t..d trading as Autofix Direct  of Derby regarding the purchase and fitting of a motor mover to my trailer.

I was asked to supply photos and was assured they could supply & fit for the sum of £800.00, a week later there fitter arrived and drilled holes in my chassis to fit drop plates.after approximately 2 hours of trying he gave up and said it could not be fitted and Informed the company,the next day I contacted  the company to request a refund and was promised a refund within 5 days.

15 days later after many phone calls , emails and after contacting my card supplier myself I finally got the refund.

BE AWARE.

Roger Hurcombe.

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

Pippah45 replied on 09/03/2017 08:00

Posted on 09/03/2017 08:00

You might need more than your money back if the chassis has been drilled?  A cautionary tail indeed.  

dave the rave replied on 09/03/2017 17:43

Posted on 09/03/2017 17:43

is the caravan an Eriba ?If so the only mover that fits,to the best of my knowledge,is made by Reich.They supply special plates,which involve drilling the chassis but is perfectly acceptable,and the motor units have to be fitted "upside down"

dave the rave replied on 09/03/2017 19:12

Posted on 09/03/2017 19:12

forgive me.........I assumed that the unit involved would be a caravan as the information has been posted on a Caravan Club forum!".........(some people,mainly from an island off the west coast of England,refer to caravans as trailers!!!!!)

Polymerman replied on 10/03/2017 20:32

Posted on 10/03/2017 20:32

The same company also supplies and fits tow bars with similar finesse, is my unfortunate experience.

BE VERY AWARE!!

HillClimb replied on 14/03/2017 20:38

Posted on 14/03/2017 20:38

I believe they are also known as AutoWFix and yes there HQ is in Derby.

They fitted the mover to our Caravan

The good news is we are happy with the mover and the technician who did the work was very capable, helpful and worked hard to keep us informed

The bad news is making arrangements for the installation and this company's post-sales customer service is appalling!! My Advice - give this company a very wide berth

The first appointment was a no-show - they kept us waiting for hours with zero communication (and no apology). After complaining to the owner, they were then FOUR hours late for the second appointment and the communication from their team who make these arrangements was a disgrace. The owner said that he would send me a complimentary Wheel clamp as compensation for the time they had wasted and the many, many mistakes they had made.

Well they never sent the clamp or any other form of compensation. I wrote a letter of complaint - I kept it factual and not abusive - I have never had an apology or any other form or reply.   Give AutoWFix a reply because bottom line they are not competent   and care nothing for customer service

Glenn T replied on 17/01/2018 14:06

Posted on 17/01/2018 14:06

Can anyone help.

My daughter has just bought a new 2018 Pennine Pathfinder Folding Camper.

She needs a motor mover fitted asap.

Have any members had  a mover fitted to their Pathfinder.

Any info would be much appreciated 

dave the rave replied on 17/01/2018 19:02

Posted on 17/01/2018 19:02

have a word with Songhurst Caravans at West Malling 01732 845399.They handle Powerwheel and Reich movers.Depending on the chassis they may well be able to help.Ask for Richard Songhurst,he is usually very helpfull.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook