Snooper GPS

RayN replied on 04/12/2020 09:46

Posted on 04/12/2020 09:46

I purchased a Snooper Caravan Edition GPS in April 2012. One of the main reasons for choosing this was the promise of free map updates for life. I have now been advised by Snooper that due to hardware restrictions the free updates will end on 31st December 2020. This is not my definition of 'life'.

It does not really matter as my original GPS broke after  only13 months and the replacement provided by my dealer only lasted a further 18 months. I now use a competitors product

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section

cyberyacht replied on 04/12/2020 17:22

Posted on 04/12/2020 17:22

They aren't the only ones. I was advised by TomTom that no further updates would be forthcoming for my old TomTom Go, which I had bough s/h from EBay ten years previously, so probably15 years+ old. I hadn't done regular updates but what annoyed me was the lack of opportunity to get the last one available. Still works reasonably well even if it told me I was in a field whilst travelling up the A75 in France. laughing

JVB66 replied on 04/12/2020 17:28

Posted on 04/12/2020 17:28

Our Tom Tom  9yr old will also no longer take "updates" as i missed one ,and it is no longer "compatable" with them,  Tom Tom "unable to assist?"

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook