Temporary Insurance

Micksboy replied on 21/05/2018 21:15

Posted on 21/05/2018 21:15

After 30 years of caravanning and motor-homing I have reluctantly had to give up both activities due to ill health. Having only just renewed my caravan in 2016 I paid a visit to my local dealer with whom I had had as a supplier of caravan accessories to them over the last 35 years.

He suggested he sold my caravan for me on a commission basis in order to gain from its full value. I readily agreed and was advised by him I would need to insure the caravan whilst it was on his premises. I made a few enquiries over the weekend but to no avail as I only wanted temporary insurance until it was sold.

On the following Monday I began looking in earnest on the internet to find a company who would offer this type of insurance, again nothing was forthcoming which fitted my criteria. Eventually I contacted the Caravan and Motorhome Club for a quote. I must admit I was beginning to feel despondent and apprehensive that I would ever find a company who could satisfy my requirements –that was until I spoke to Luke at The Club Caravan Insurance provider. I cannot remember him saying “no” to any of my questions. He offered the type of cover I required with a few extras at a realistic price. I only wish I had rung them first, so “Thanks Luke”-you made an old man very happy in lifting a weight off of my shoulders! Of course I will be sad at having to give up the use of our caravan visiting lots of diverse arears of the UK. Our favourite site was Gaer Hyfryd on the edge of Snowdon.

Micksboy 79

DSB replied on 14/06/2018 15:36

Posted on 14/06/2018 15:36

Sorry to read that you are giving up Micksboy, but really happy that the Club was able to provide temporary insurance cover while you make arrangements to sell the caravan.  Best wishes for your 'caravan retirement'.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook