Availability

Jacyk's replied on 16/09/2021 09:43

Posted on 16/09/2021 09:43

Having been a member for 18 years and enjoyed many fabulous family holidays I’m beginning to wonder what I am paying my membership fee for ?

I am constantly unable to book sites ….. does anyone else find this ? I know you can book 12 months in advance but this is not always possible. 

It just seems that the caravan club has maybe too many members ? Just wondering if there’s a cap to their membership numbers ? 
Perhaps there needs to a different approach to booking ….. I hate to say this but maybe a deposit taken as I’m sure people just book sites in case they fancy it or their other plans don’t come off. 
Many thanks 

Moderator Comment - I appreciate you have not used Club Together previously but your question has been discussed many times in the discussion area. The Story Section is for Blogs not questions. I have moved to the the UK Sites and Touring Section 

replied on 16/09/2021 09:57

Posted on 16/09/2021 09:57

Not had a problem in years prior to Covid. There are many that would have touted abroad that have toured in uk instead

replied on 16/09/2021 09:59

Posted on 16/09/2021 09:59

Prior to Covid I had little problem. Presently many that would have toured abroad have toured UK instead plus some have bought an outfit to avoid other restrictions

JVB66 replied on 16/09/2021 17:57

Posted on 16/09/2021 17:57

It has been mentioned before by members,cool

But as you seem not to be aware ? since the the pandemic hit many countries and severe travel were put in place ,many people have been forced? to find another way having holidays hence the very large increases in the sale of LVs and "staycationw members" which when speaking  new members is it seems that quite often they had not realised just what a great method of seeing this country ,and for many how much they are looking forward to continuing in this country  (and overseas when the situation improves) so most sites with all organisations in this country have been much busier than in the past ,even off peak periods and it seems  it will continue for some years yet,surprised

i do not think deposits will make much difference? ,but pitch capacity through out the whole of the uk is something that is not a quick fixfrown

replied on 16/09/2021 18:13

Posted on 16/09/2021 09:59 by

Prior to Covid I had little problem. Presently many that would have toured abroad have toured UK instead plus some have bought an outfit to avoid other restrictions

Posted on 16/09/2021 18:13

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 16/09/2021 18:35

Posted on 16/09/2021 18:22 by eurortraveller

I don’t see a problem down here.

Posted on 16/09/2021 18:35

But then as patesed so many times the south west is as in the past only "busy?" in the peak summer months ,it seems the distances and access ,and as you may not know? the late avalailbility for site may well show just one pitch when looking

KeefySher replied on 17/09/2021 07:27

Posted on 17/09/2021 07:27

We've been on 4 CAMC sites in peak holiday periods so far in 2021. None have been full as oft reported on CT. We even booked 5 days before arriving on our last outing at the end of August.

We're booked for the next peak, October half term with no difficulty.  Expect to see another not full site during our stay.

Although there is ability to book 12 months in advance, we don't always get confirmed school holiday dates that far out; but have not got pitches when we want them. We are tied to school holidays for the next year until our daughter finishes senior school. Perhaps then we can enjoy the off peak empty sites at lower prices many report are common placetongue-out

SteveL replied on 17/09/2021 08:10

Posted on 17/09/2021 08:10

Perhaps then we can enjoy the off peak empty sites at lower prices many report are common 

Good luck with that at the moment, we have stopped on 5 CAMC sites this September and they been full / 80% pitch wise. Although as the kids are back at school sites are less busy people wise in the week. The two C&CC sites we have used have been slightly less full, although that is mainly down to the absence of tents, that were in abundance during August.

InaD replied on 17/09/2021 08:28

Posted on 17/09/2021 08:28

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: try a CL.  There are over 2000 of them, they range from no facility sites, without EHU, to mini Club sites in facilities and layout.  And everything in between.  Often you'll have more space around you than on a Club site.

We're also members of the C&CC, and have stayed on 2 of their Certificated Sites this month so far, and are now on our 3rd.  They are the equivalent of the CAMC's CLs.  One difference is that they can also accommodate up to 10 tents, as well as 5 vans.

We've stayed in an orchard, with just 2 other units, loads of space, the site had EHU, 2 WCs, shower and washing up sink with H&C water.  Cost was £20 per night.  Currently on a CS in a very small hamlet, peace and quiet, huge pitch, site has EHU, WC and shower, for £15 per night.

Haven't used Club sites since 2019, much prefer CLs, although if we want to be in an area where a Club site is convenient, then we will.

Navigateur replied on 17/09/2021 08:58

Posted on 17/09/2021 08:58

It would be foolish for a site operator to take bookings in advance for every single pitch on a site because there are so many variables that can affect pitches being available when the time comes. Waterlogging, abuse of surface, maintainance, are well known.

Seeing on a web-site that no pitches are available will not be be reflected in the real world - all it shows is that the figure that has been set for bookings has been reached. I would suggest that will be within the range of 85% to 95% of full physical capacity.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook