VW Toureg towing mirrors

boxster replied on 26/01/2018 11:34

Posted on 26/01/2018 11:34

I have just changed my towcar for a 2016 VW Toureg V6 diesel which is regarded as a really good towcar and very popular with CC members.

Unfortunately I cannot make my Milenco Aero towing mirrors fit to the car mirrors due to their shaped profile and very narrow gap between glass and plastic casing.

Has anyone overcome this problem?
What type of towing mirrors are best for this model Toureg??

replied on 26/01/2018 11:41

Posted on 26/01/2018 11:41

I have read about 'narrow gap' problems and that there are alternative slimmer clips available? 

Steve Scott replied on 26/01/2018 11:48

Posted on 26/01/2018 11:48

Fit them on the bottom of the housing obviously swap them over R to L L to R.Just watch out when you vacate the car, to remove them before you lock the car? We have a T3 best tow car we have had.

Steve

richardandros replied on 26/01/2018 15:43

Posted on 26/01/2018 15:43

I too have a T3 Treg and agree it's the best tow car I've owned as well.  I have Grand Aeros and although it's a bit of a tight fit, it is possible to get the clips between the mirror lens and the mirror housing on the top of the mirror.  On my last one - a T2 - they wouldn't fit on the top but fitted on the bottom of the mirror easily.  I'm just wondering if it's anything to do with how your normal mirrors are set - although you might loose some of your view, it might be a matter of moving the lens slightly to accommodate the clips/brackets? Obviously that setting is going to vary between cars and drivers, so I might just be lucky.

boxster replied on 29/01/2018 19:56

Posted on 29/01/2018 19:56

Thanks Richardandros its good to know it can be done with Milenco mirrors. I will give it a try.

richardandros replied on 30/01/2018 07:16

Posted on 30/01/2018 07:16

Boxster - the other thing I tend to do is slide the clips (attached to the arm) from the outside (where there is a bit more clearance) to the inside and then don't be afraid to push them in gently.  The first time, I was a bit worried about damaging the lens but I have been using them for almost three years now, on this car, without any adverse effects.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook