VW Tig 2018 - 2006 Caravan - Towing Electrics :(

BryanC123 replied on 12/08/2020 16:10

Posted on 12/08/2020 16:10

Hi all, 

I have read so many threads but the information seems almost conflicting on some threads, i'm guessing that's becuase some don't explain their layout very good, so hoping somebody could help me please :) 

I am just having a electronically deployable towbar fitted to my vehicle it's a 2018 VW Tiguin, ready for when we pick up our first Caravan in a couple of weeks. We have gone for a 2006 Avondale Osprey 4 berth with twin 7 pin connectors.

My car will be having a single 13 pin adapter being fitted, VW have told me.

Originally i thought i could just buy a Male 13 pin to twin female 7 pin connectors, and all would be good when hooked up.

It seems this may not be the case, and the fridge / battery and reversing lights will not work with this adapter.

Can anybody shed some light onto this for me please, do i need to ask the VW dealer to do anything extra with there wiring to ensure all works at the same time when Towing.

Also should our new towbar be okay with an Alko stabiliser?

Kind regards and thank you.

Ryan

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook