VW Piddlerats, 2000-2005 Vintage?

Danny and Karen replied on 07/10/2012 18:02

Posted on 07/10/2012 18:02

Given the Skoda idea a knock on the head. It scares the living Jesus out of us to hand over £14000 of our savings for a car, just a car, that goes down in value real fast and is still just a car!

The wretched Volvo gotta go! SO, i've eyed up a nice looking 2001 Passat, that HASN'T got a billion miles on it, less than 100k infact! 

Already has a single leccy towbar as the guy had a small trailer. So i'd just need to get second leccy put on and my swaybar plate fitted!

It's the 130 engine, anyone had much experience with these? Other than knowing the insurance is a bit expensive i dont know much about em. My caravan is pretty light at 1100kg so i'm confident it'll be ok for that.

Thanks guys and girls.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook