Tyre Safety

Nige W replied on 05/10/2017 15:52

Posted on 05/10/2017 15:52

At the Club we recommend members regularly check their tyre pressures as under-inflated tyres affect handling and grip, potentially causing irregular or unpredictable vehicle behaviour. The Tyre Safety Org  advises that:

• 3% more fuel is used when pressure is 6 psi below recommended inflation
  • For every 10% a tyre is under-inflated. Its wear can increase by 10%
  • £600 million is wasted yearly on fuel costs by British motorists driving with under-inflated tyres
  • 56.8% of car tyres in the UK are at least 4 psi below recommended pressures

As it’s Tyre Safety Month,  why don’t you test your knowledge by taking the Tyre safe test

For more information on tyre safety, check out the TyreSafe website www.tyresafe.org and don’t forget we also have a member offer on at present for an LED pressure cap

Milothedog replied on 05/10/2017 16:18

Posted on 05/10/2017 16:04 by EmilysDad

On completion of the test it asks you for name and email address ..... no thanks. wink

Posted on 05/10/2017 16:18

I just gave some duff info and a random email laughing

It's not a very good test IMO, as many of the questions relate to statistics, I got all the legal requirement and ones directly related to the subject correct but. took a guess at the others, like what % of new cars come with a spare tyre.........  

75% was my score.......

EmilysDad replied on 05/10/2017 16:43

Posted on 05/10/2017 16:18 by Milothedog

I just gave some duff info and a random email laughing

It's not a very good test IMO, as many of the questions relate to statistics, I got all the legal requirement and ones directly related to the subject correct but. took a guess at the others, like what % of new cars come with a spare tyre.........  

75% was my score.......

Posted on 05/10/2017 16:43

I guessed at those too ..... at least Nige gave us the answer to one of them cool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook