Toyota Alphard / Nissan Elgrande

MARTYNDALE replied on 15/11/2020 15:53

Posted on 15/11/2020 15:53

hi all looking for a luxury but cheep minivan type vehicle for towing my bailey genoa 2 berth like the looks of both these vehicles does anyone have any experience of towing with either of them please. I would be gratefull for any views on them

Vulcan replied on 15/11/2020 18:16

Posted on 15/11/2020 15:53 by MARTYNDALE

hi all looking for a luxury but cheep minivan type vehicle for towing my bailey genoa 2 berth like the looks of both these vehicles does anyone have any experience of towing with either of them please. I would be gratefull for any views on them

Posted on 15/11/2020 18:16

Be careful when opting for a Japanese grey import, as far as I know you are not permitted to tow anything that would lead to the vehicle gross weight been exceeded (a small trailer) because the VIN plate will not have a towing weight stamped on it as it is not a requirement in Japan.

Lutz replied on 16/11/2020 08:32

Posted on 16/11/2020 08:32

Apart from the above it might be difficult to obtain a type approved towbar for a vehicle that is not normally imported into the country.

MARTYNDALE replied on 16/11/2020 19:14

Posted on 16/11/2020 19:14

many thanks for that I HAD WONDERED ABOUT THE TOWING WEIGHT ON VIN PLATE

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook