Sucker fixed Towing Mirrors

Topcat replied on 31/03/2018 12:07

Posted on 31/03/2018 12:07

Hi, I have just taken delivery of a new Skoda Kodiaq. Unfortunately however my 'aero' towing mirrors will not fit the door mirrors on the car. I have also tried the strap on type but all of those that I have tried do not have long enough straps and anyway, will fall off if I lock the car and the mirrors fold. It appears that I am left with the option of using the towing mirrors that attach to the door mirror glass by suction 'Streetwise' on Amazon for example. Does anyone have any experience with these type of mirrors? Are they any good? 

Lutz replied on 31/03/2018 18:20

Posted on 31/03/2018 18:20

I would be wary of any mirror that is attached only to the glass of the existing rear view mirror. That mirror was never designed to be subjected to an additional load of a second mirror assembly. It is attached to the mechanism by an adhesive bond which could fail in time.

Besides, although the company claims that the mirror has type approval, it does obscure vision in the existing mirror and that may be deemed to be unacceptable.

Tigi replied on 31/03/2018 19:34

Posted on 31/03/2018 19:34

Agree with Lutz the existing mirrors are held to the backing plate with adhesive and if they should become detached they can be expensive to replace (unsurprisingly very expensive on the more upmarket cars), I still use my ordinary mirrors quite a lot as well as the extended ones.

replied on 31/03/2018 19:38

Posted on 31/03/2018 19:38

Longer straps are readily available

EmilysDad replied on 31/03/2018 20:20

Posted on 31/03/2018 20:20

Have you tried your Aero mirrors on the bottom of you car's mirrors?

As above, I like to be able to use the car's mirrors aswel as the extended mirrors.

Bluemalaga replied on 31/03/2018 20:57

Posted on 31/03/2018 20:57

Check out Kodiaq Forums

The suggestion is to use Millenco with the angle pads fitted. They claim it works ok. I have similar shaped mirror housing and it works on mine, although I purchased the longer straps to help out. I notice the hinge on the Kodiaq mirror is more outboard than on my car, which would prevent the use of a strap.

Cornersteady replied on 01/04/2018 21:14

Posted on 01/04/2018 21:14

Just seen this, as BM says you may have to use the aero v pads, we had to to get a perfect fit when we changed cars. Got ours from amazon.

Post edit from the Millenco website:

The Aero F Pads which have twin grooves for enhanced grip on certain vehicles, can also be used to enhance grip on typically VW group cars post 2013.

captainslogg replied on 01/04/2018 22:07

Posted on 01/04/2018 22:07

The answer is to use Milenco Aero F pads. They work a treat on my Kodiaq. they fit on the top of the Kodiaq mirrors and therefor do not interfere with the auto folding. Thanks to. Paul R T for answering a similar question a while ago

My problem has been entirely solved by the use of the Milenco Aero F pads, which have a small ridge on the face of the pads, which fits into the indentation on the door mirrors. These pads are well hidden on the Milenco website and I have not seen them well publicised. I got mine from www.thecaravanshop.co.uk , where they are stock number 4664 and cost £6.95 plus £1.95 p&p. Well worth it for peace of mind.
Cheers
Paul R T

gradot replied on 06/04/2018 16:14

Posted on 01/04/2018 22:07 by captainslogg

The answer is to use Milenco Aero F pads. They work a treat on my Kodiaq. they fit on the top of the Kodiaq mirrors and therefor do not interfere with the auto folding. Thanks to. Paul R T for answering a similar question a while ago

My problem has been entirely solved by the use of the Milenco Aero F pads, which have a small ridge on the face of the pads, which fits into the indentation on the door mirrors. These pads are well hidden on the Milenco website and I have not seen them well publicised. I got mine from www.thecaravanshop.co.uk , where they are stock number 4664 and cost £6.95 plus £1.95 p&p. Well worth it for peace of mind.
Cheers
Paul R T

Posted on 06/04/2018 16:14

After reading this I ordered some came next day and work a treat on my  Passat estate thanks.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook