Should we tow tomorrow?

Daisy2 replied on 01/04/2018 22:39

Posted on 01/04/2018 22:39

We are due to go on our first 'proper' holiday to Burford tomorrow (2nd April).  Still new to towing and first time loaded up.  Bit concerned with the weather warnings for tomorrow and wonder if we would do better to delay until Tuesday?  Grateful for advice from you seasoned caravanners!

Tinwheeler replied on 01/04/2018 22:58

Posted on 01/04/2018 22:58

Who can say? We have no idea of your route or your starting point, Daisy.

I'm afraid you'll need to make your own mind up when you find out the situation tomorrow. Only you can decide.

replied on 01/04/2018 23:27

Posted on 01/04/2018 23:27

Not a nice day for driving forecast tomorrow near me due to a lot of rain (Chester area). I would drive and tow but if I felt less confident I wouldn't choose to

Daisy2 replied on 01/04/2018 23:39

Posted on 01/04/2018 23:39

Thank you EasyT/Tinwheeler.  If we still had our motorhome I would happily drive, but pretty wary doing first properly loaded trip in heavy rain with all the potholes about.  Fortunately its only about 60miles (near Windsor to Burford) so might give it till lunchtime to decide.  Hopefully campsite will be understanding if we offer to still pay for tomorrow night but arrive Tuesday...

Oneputt replied on 02/04/2018 08:57

Posted on 02/04/2018 08:57

If you google, metcheck with your town name that will give a breakdown of your local weather including wind speed, maximum gusts and direction etc.  That may help to make your decision.  Although there may be quite heavy traffic (returning home) there shouldn't be too many trucks on the road.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook