Road light problem with Bailey Unicorn Vigo

IanJames replied on 09/04/2023 17:47

Posted on 09/04/2023 17:47

I wonder if anyone else has suffered this problem, which I have only just discovered on my 2019 Bailey Unicorn Vigo.

I tow with a 2017 Audi Q5 and have only just discovered a problem with the near side running lights on the van when they have been on for around 20 minutes. The car gives a warning that a bulb is out on the trailer. On checking all the near side running lights are off, but the indicator and stop lights still work. Having been stopped for 5 minutes on starting up again everything works as normal for 20 minutes then the same thing happens again.

On searching the internet I have found that the same thing has happened on Swift vans and that it is caused by the car testing the light bulbs and because the side running lights are LEDs it triggers a fault. The electrical company Sargent who provide the electrical wiring for Swift have produced an update which solves this problem.

Have any other Bailey owners come across this problem?

Thanks.

EmilysDad replied on 09/04/2023 19:55

Posted on 09/04/2023 19:55

My caravan is a somewhat older 2013 Coachman but it also has led side marker/running lights, a led front light and 'normal' indicator & stop lamps. My 2014 Merc also continuously checks for failed lights but everything works as it should. 

My point is, that a similar set up with other makes of vehicle & caravan is OK. Maybe an iffy connection on the plug &/or socket of car/caravan .... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook